For the imperfect Fashion lover.

The Problem with Wrap Dresses.

Fake Fabulous | Peacock Wrap dress & Bold Colours, over 40!

What could be more classic than a wrap dress?
Thanks to the stunning designs of DVF (back in the day) wrap dresses are a wardrobe staple that isn't going anywhere!

Wrap dresses are easy to wear, comfortable, feminine, classy, sexy and universally flattering.
Given the right fabrication, they suit every woman for every occasion.
Right?

GET THE LOOK



Fake Fabulous | Peacock Wrap dress & Bold Colours, over 40!

Today I wanted to wear this stunning little wrap dress that was sent to me by the gorgeous Ann (see her blog Kremb de la Kremb).
Recently, she sent me a surprise parcel which included an item for the next PPP (keep an eye out for it on the 20th December) and this gorgeous peacock dress (see how she wore it here).

It is such a happy dress!
Colourful and fun.
There is just one (small) problem...

I don't have the right curves in the right places to fill a wrap dress properly.

But hang on!
Wrap dresses are supposed to suit everyone, aren't they?

Wrap dresses are STUNNING on those of you with curvy hips and bottoms, neat waists and decent sized busts.
Wrap dresses make rounded tummies look feminine and sexy.
Wrap dresses are perfect for anyone with curves.
Wrap dresses can be anything from professional and smart to achingly sexy!

Wrap dresses make me look like an ironing board.

Not fair!

Fake Fabulous | Peacock Wrap dress & Bold Colours, over 40!

I was determined to wear this joyful dress, despite my lack of cleavage.
Colour was the answer to my problem.

{To be honest, colour is my solution to most problems!}

This dress is bold and vibrant and fun.
Picking clashing colours was easy.

Bold and bright clashing colours keep the eye moving around this outfit, distracting from my lack of wrap-dress-filling-curves.
(The little ruffly sleeves help too.)

This dress was screaming out (in my opinion) for a splash of sulphur, a pop of hot pink and a blast of bright blue.
I added a thermal base layer, gloves and a clutch to provide what I needed.
A slim belt held the dress together.
Plum coloured tights and ladylike shoes finished my outfit off nicely.

Fake Fabulous | Peacock Wrap dress & Bold Colours, over 40!


DRESS: H&M (all the way from Hong Kong!... this one is nice)
SHOES: Clarks
TIGHTS: Gipsy (these are nice)
BELT: Topshop (similar)
NECKLACE: Charity shop (this is pretty)
GLOVES: A gift 
BAG: Linea (similar)
TOP: M&S..this one could work.

Do you love the look of a wrap dress?
Does the style flatter your curves and make you feel feminine?
How would you have worn this bold wrap dress?
I'd love to hear your thoughts!


IT'S A WRAP!





SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig