For the imperfect Fashion lover.

One Pink Spotty Vintage Jacket, 3 Ways | PPP 9

One Pink Spotty Vintage Jacket, 3 ways | PPP 9 | Fake Fabulous

Welcome to the 9th Ping Pong Post.
This month it is my turn to challenge my friends.
What will they make of this spotty number?


This time Anna, Ann and I are styling a little vintage Jacket.
I'm guessing it's from the 80's, but I can't really be sure.
What do you think?

One Pink Spotty Vintage Jacket, 3 ways | PPP 9 | Fake Fabulous

This jacket has a wonderful vintage feel to the fabric.
We are all used to the modern "3 way stretch" in our clothes, but this jacket only stretches one way.
It is unusual, but I like it because the jacket seems to look smarter.
The fabric is such good quality, and it doesn't end up baggy and saggy with wear.

Initially, it was the colour that caught my eye and the £1 price tag was hard to resist.
A measly £1.00!... I can't even buy a cup of tea for that.

I had a good feeling about this one.
We surely could come up with some creative outfits using this piece, couldn't we?

Let's see what happened....

One Pink Spotty Vintage Jacket, 3 ways | PPP 9 | Fake Fabulous

These photographs were taken back in September (before I sent it off around the world) and the weather was wet and miserable.

Luckily, I had this fab pink umbrella to protect me from the elements, and add some more 'pinkness' to my look.
I'm sure pink is addictive!

One Pink Spotty Vintage Jacket, 3 ways | PPP 9 | Fake Fabulous

The little jacket was probably part or a set, or suit, originally.
Maybe even a wedding outfit?
I can imaging the pink hat, stilettos and matching bag, can't you?!
I bet whoever wore this looked like a million dollars.

Luckily for me, it does lend itself to a more casual look... with a little help from some subtle layering.

One Pink Spotty Vintage Jacket, 3 ways | PPP 9 | Fake Fabulous

I added a silk blouse over a thermal poloneck, both in soft purple tones.
Purple and pink are a classic combination and these colours also helped pull my bag into the outfit.
See how the zip on the bag looks pink in the photo below?

A cream scarf provided much needed warmth and coated jeans,worn with raspberry boots, finished my look off nicely.

One Pink Spotty Vintage Jacket, 3 ways | PPP 9 | Fake Fabulous

JACKET: Vintage
JEANS: H&M (old)
BOOTS: Mini Boden (old)
BAG: A charity shop find.
SCARF: M&S
UMBRELLA: Tkmax
SILK BLOUSE: Second Female
POLONECK: M&S heatgen


Over to...

Anna from Anna's Island Style


Anna has amped up the PINK factor with this gorgeous frothy blouse.

{I love this blouse on her... check out her blog for more frothy-blouse based outfits.}

Things could have easily gone too "Princess Di" but Anna is so clever at adding an edge to her outfits.
Geometric trousers and clever (chunky) accessorising makes her vintage-inspired outfit look bang up to date and modern.
A fabulous look!

Check out Anna's blog for more details.


TROUSERS: borrowed from her daughter! A girl after my own heart.
BLOUSE: Charity shop
BOOTS: Office
BAG: Ness 
Necklace and Rings: Charity shop
WATCH: Michael Kors




Ann from Kremb de la Kremb


Ann has paired this pink jacket with a classic black skirt and white shirt.
What could be simpler?

Simple?
Yes....BUT, Ann never looks classic or simple.
Every outfit is packed with personality and flair.
Subtle touches like her short hemline, spotty necktie and cute bag make this look pop.
Don't even get me started on those shoes.

{Serious shoe envy!!}

Check out Ann's blog for more details.... like her fun hair accessory!

SHIRT: Target
TIE & BAG: Zara (girls department)
SKIRT: Forever 21
SHOES: Stella McCartney



We never discuss what we are going to do with the items we send each other, so each month is as much of a surprise for us as it is you!

Stay tuned to find out what happens next time...on the 20th of December.
See you there!

How would you have styled this little Jacket?
Please let me know in the comments.
I love hearing your thoughts and opinions!

One Pink Spotty Vintage Jacket, 3 ways | PPP 9 | Fake Fabulous


SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig