For the imperfect Fashion lover.

Breaking the Proportion Rules.

Woolovers Magenta Cashmere Jumper & purple satin trousers, over 40.

What could be easier to wear, cosier and more luxurious (on a cold day) than a cashmere jumper?
Cashmere is one of those fabrics that I could happily wear from head to toe.
Warm, comfortable and not in the least bit scratchy.

{I have seen those cashmere leggings and joggers in shops... BUT how do you avoid the "Baggy Bum"? I'm not sure. If you know, please share!}

Woolovers Magenta Cashmere Jumper & purple satin trousers, over 40.

I have a few cashmere pieces, and always feel a little more sophisticated when I wear them.
Being wrapped in a little bit of luxury is a wonderful thing!

This cashmere jumper was sent to be by the lovely people at Woolovers.
{The photo on their website does not do the colour justice at all, see it here.}

I was expecting a muted dark pink, so imagine my delight when the jumper arrived...and it is a bold and delicious magenta.
Right up my colour street.
How lovely!

Woolovers Magenta Cashmere Jumper & purple satin trousers, over 40.

Pink is one of those colours I used to dislike, but find myself drawn to it more and more as I get older.
A rich pink, like this one, is such a happy colour.
It is feminine, but bold, and casts a warm glow on your skin.
What's not to love about that?

{See more pink outfits: here, here, here and here}

The first thing that popped into my head was to wear it with purple!
A rich and luxurious pair of purple satin trousers to be exact.

Unfortunately, they are super-duper wide legged...and we all know the rules on baggy tops and wide legged trousers don't we?

Wide trousers? Add a slim fitting top.
Baggy jumper? Add a slim fitting trousers.
Easy.

Woolovers Magenta Cashmere Jumper & purple satin trousers, over 40.

Well, I don't care much for rules, so today I decided to break this one.
Ooops!

Woolovers Magenta Cashmere Jumper & purple satin trousers, over 40.

This jumper was calling out for some aubergine satin.
So, these swooshy trousers were the perfect partner.

{See these wide trousers here, with bright orange.}

Adding a geometric necklace, bright lipstick and chunky boots finished things off nicely.

Magenta and aubergine look mouthwateringly delicious together.
Wool and satin make for a winning combination too.
So this outfit had me grinning from ear to ear all day!

JUMPER: c/o Woolovers
TROUSERS: Finery London
NECKLACE: H&M
BOOTS: Vagabond
BAG: TkMax... this is beautiful.

How do you feel about Pink?
Does it make you smile?
Or, it is just too sweet for you?

What about the rules of proportion?
Do you stick to them, knowing they work?
Or, do you throw the rule book out of the window?

Please share your thoughts in the comments!
I love hearing from you.


Woolovers Magenta Cashmere Jumper & purple satin trousers, over 40.

Linking up to: I will wear what I like (Monday), Visible MondayTurning heads Tuesday.
SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig