For the imperfect Fashion lover.

Lurex Co-ords and Black Knee Boots, over 40.


Lurex Co-ords, nude leather biker jacket & Black Knee boots | Fake Fabulous

Did you see this post about shopping for new boots?
Where I say that I think knee boots (especially black ones ) can look frumpy and boring?

Well...
I'm wearing a pair of them today!
Fickle? 
Me?
Never :oP

{A girl can change her mind, can't she?}

To be honest, I don't really like these boots, and I struggle to find ways to wear them without feeling a little "mumsy".
Yes, I am a mum, but I'm not ready to throw in the towel when it comes to feeling sexy.

{I have worn my black knee boots on the blog before (here) but the boot part of that outfit depresses me a little.
They're just too boring!}

Over the knee boots? 
Yes please!

Ankle boots?
Of course!

Knee boots...
Zzzzzz, sorry I just dozed off for a moment.

{Unless they look like the boots in this... I love that pair!}

Lurex Co-ords, nude leather biker jacket & Black Knee boots | Fake Fabulous

The appearance of knee boots in this outfit is the result of a compromise.
A compromise between the need to dress up (to go out) and being warm and sensible.

It's cold here, and there is a frost on the ground.
High heels = Falling over.
So, high heels and bare flesh are not an option.

Wearing a heel always looks nice, but I don't want to be clinging on to my husband like a newborn fawn!

Lurex Co-ords, nude leather biker jacket & Black Knee boots | Fake Fabulous

Also, I NEED to hide some thermal layers under these boots and co-ords (I'm wearing a roll neck top, thick socks and cosy tights..sshhh, don't tell!!)

This skirt and jumper co-ord was sent to me by the lovely Ann (from krembdelakremb).
She recently sent me this dress, which is another cracking item.
What a woman!

This outfit is my first experience of wearing co-ords (I know, where have I been!?) and I love it!

So easy.
Skirt.
Jumper.
Boots.
Throw on a bib necklace, grab a clutch bag and I'm done.

Why did I not try this simple trend before?

JACKET: Super dry (similar)
CO-ORDS: Forever 21(Similar skirt and top)
BOOTS: Duo (now called Ted and Muffy)...similar.
BAG and BIB: Primark (similar and similar)

Do you wear co-ords?
What styles do you love to wear?

Please share your thoughts in the comments.
I love hearing from you.

Lurex Co-ords, nude leather biker jacket & Black Knee boots | Fake Fabulous

GET the LOOK



SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig