For the imperfect Fashion lover.

Why I'll NEVER Photoshop my Image | #fakeituntilyoumakeit LINK UP


Lets cut to the chase here....
This blog may be called 'Fake Fabulous' but my fakery is all upfront, and real!

Despite my bluffing, fake confidence boosting and smoke 'n' mirrors style of dressing, all of my images are genuine.
What you see is what you get.
I don't like photoshopping my image, and I won't do it!

{I attempted to remove my moles once and my daughter was very annoyed with me... "That's what makes you YOU Mum!"}

I'm well aware that I am by no means perfect, and could definitely benefit from a few tweaks... smoothing lines, plumping lips, larger eyes, a smaller waist (the list could go on for a while!!)... BUT, I'm okay with that.

None of us are perfect, and EVERYONE has 'issues' or parts of themselves they wish they could tweak/change/make disappear.

Unfortunately, we can't do anything about who we are so we all have a choice.

We either give up, and spend the rest of our days in joggies, hiding.
OR, we make the most of what we do have, and have fun with fashion... and life!

This all sounds easy doesn't it?
However, it's much easier said than done.
Modern media can make us feel not just "Less than perfect", but downright inadequate!

"Why does everyone have perfect skin?
How do models and celebrities have perfect white eyes with no sign of a vein?
No blemishes.
No root regrowth.
Not even a pound of flesh out of place.
Endless legs.
Tiny waists.
Perfect pert boobies.
Why does every celebrity mum have a totally flat tummy 3 weeks after giving birth, with not even a hint of a stretch mark?
It's not fair!!!"

Of course, we ALL know that none of these things are actually true.
We are very well aware that every magazine image we see has been photoshopped within an inch of its life.

We accept that every youtube video we watch is over-lit, and may even involve a real-time filter.

We all know it's utter bull***t.... but it can still affect us.
Subtly.
Subconsciously.

And I don't like it!

Much as I dislike my imperfect image it is still ME.

The only "photoshopping" I do involves pegs!
{See the post where I peg up this too-large top.}


I always try and focus on my positives...
Long limbs.
A strong jawline.
There is no point in spending any effort on wishing to look a different way.

I want YOU to see the real me.

What you see is what you get at Fake Fabulous.
(Oh, The irony!)

What do you think about photoshopping?
Do you do it all the time, and love it!?
Does it annoy you?
Does it make you feel empowered?
Or, sad?

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this!
Comment below or send me a tweet @samantha4blair

Lets Get Linking!

Last Week the beautiful Tiina turned my head in this gorgeous leather skirt, and breton top.
So simple yet utterly fabulous!
Check out her post HERE.




SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig