For the imperfect Fashion lover.

Halloween Costume Ideas | Evil Ice Queen (part 2)

Adult Ice Queen Halloween Costume | Dressing up, over 40 | Fake Fabulous

Dressing up for Halloween is so much fun!
I love the planning and making of costumes.
I really enjoy painting faces, and getting into character.

{I have a separate post with the simple makeup for this look...See that post here}

Adult Ice Queen Halloween Costume | Dressing up, over 40 | Fake Fabulous

Here is my version of an Evil Ice Queen.
Ghastly.
Frosty faced.
Frozen hearted.
A high-maintenance super-witch.
Skilled at delivering seriously frosty stares, piercing icy glares and a super-sharp cold shoulder.
I loved getting into the spirit of this character!
So much fun.


Adult Ice Queen Halloween Costume | Dressing up, over 40 | Fake Fabulous

This costume was very easy to put together... I've no time (or inclination) for complicated, and time consuming projects. 

Evil Ice Queen

What you need:

  • Silver skirt & top, or silver dress.
  • Silver hooded cape (optional)
  • A length of icicle christmas tree decoration (as much as you want!)
  • A length of silver/sequined ribbon.
  • Fabric glue.
  • Silver shoes.
  • White, grey, silver, blue or light blonde wig. 
  • Glitter (optional)

I made my costume out of a silver top and skirt plus a white faux leather corset, that I found in a charity shop.
It was easy to customise the corset using glue, ribbon, glitter and icicle decorations.
Making a crown was easy too, just gluing icicles onto the ribbon then sewing the crown onto the wig.
I then covered the wig with glitter, for more sparkle!

Making an icey ring involved simply gluing some of the icicle decoration onto an old dress ring.

Adding icicles, glitter and sequined ribbon is a really effective way to make the costume feel more ice-queen like... for hardly any cost at all!

My silver cape added drama, and finished the look off nicely.
{This cape is coming out again for this year's costume too.... stay tuned for that!}

Adult Ice Queen Halloween Costume | Dressing up, over 40 | Fake Fabulous

Whatever you are up to this Halloween, I hope you have lots of fun!

GET the ICE QUEEN LOOK



SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig