For the imperfect Fashion lover.

How to Wear a Statement Knit | My Ugly Cardigan

Statement knit, clogs & dark denim | Autumn style, over 40 | Fake Fabulous

I'm a little bit in love with this oversized Cardigan, and there's nothing beautiful about it.
In fact, you could even call it ugly!
(Don't worry, I'll cover it's ears 😛)

It's chunky, shapeless and not figure flattering at all!
It's mustard/yellow/ochre... Who actually likes mustard anyway? (apart from me)
It's hand knitted... so, it's definitely not perfectly made!
It has embroidered flowers on it that are rustic, and freestyle ... AND the colours clash.
Yes!
I'm in love.

The only thing I don't love about it is the fact it doesn't have any pockets.
Ah well.... almost perfect will have to do!

See it styled with even uglier accessories, and read about how I bought it for a pound HERE... yep, £1!

Statement knit, clogs & dark denim | Autumn style, over 40 | Fake Fabulous

How to wear a statement knit


  • Pick clothes you like and put them on your body


Yep, that's it!
Tips and tricks go out of the window when it comes to true love!

Of course (joking aside) you could stick to some proportion rules, but why bother?
If you like something then wear it.
When it comes to bold knits anything goes!
Wear your knit with love, and you are guaranteed to look great.

Statement knit, clogs & dark denim | Autumn style, over 40 | Fake Fabulous

This cardigan is made of real wool so it is super-cosy, and perfect for a autumnal day.

I decided to stick to simple shapes, and keep the knit the centre of attention.
Dark jeans and a plain roll neck were all I needed.
The roll neck is a lovely bold shade of green, and really peps up the look of the cardigan, drawing attention to the embroidered detail.

Statement knit, clogs & dark denim | Autumn style, over 40 | Fake Fabulous

I popped on my trusty old clogs as they are comfortable, and give me a little height.
Lurex socks were a must.
Brrrrrr.....

Don't be afraid to wear mules and socks, it's practical and (in my opinion) looks cute and fun!
You can't really go wrong with a lurex pair.

A simple bag, and drop earrings finished things off nicely.

Statement knit, clogs & dark denim | Autumn style, over 40 | Fake Fabulous

Do you love the look of oversized (and embroidered?) knits?
Are you a knitter?
Do you love wearing handmade items?
OR, do you dislike the imperfections?

Please share your thoughts in the comments.... or drop me an email at samantha44blair(at)gmail.com.
I'd love to hear from you!




JEANS: Levis
TOP: c/o Kettlewell
CARDIGAN: Handmade... similar
CLOGS: Timberland
SOCKS: H&M... these are pretty
BAG: c/o Lotus
EARRINGS: A gift... similar

GET THE CHUNKY LOOK!



SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig