For the imperfect Fashion lover.

Wearing a Maxi Skirt in Autumn/Winter

Silver Maxi Skirt & Black Boots | Autumn Style, over 40.

Maxi skirts are perfect for warm weather... a real summer staple.
They offer cool coverage, and that effortless look we all want to achieve.

BUT...
As the mercury falls, the maxis tend to be pushed to the back of the wardrobe.
Here they lie in wait, biding their time, ready for the thermometer to rise again.

However, there really is no need to banish your maxi skirts (and dresses) into storage just yet.
Maxi skirts are seriously underrated as cold weather wear!

Silver Maxi Skirt & Black Boots | Autumn Style, over 40.

Of course, there is always the danger of a soggy hem in wet weather.
However, it's no more of a problem for a skirt than it is for a pair of winter trousers.
So, why not give a maxi skirt a go this Autumn?

Silver Maxi Skirt & Black Boots | Autumn Style, over 40.

Today I'm wearing my silver maxi with a casual jumper, and chunky boots.
What could be easier than that?

{See this maxi skirt HERE, HERE and even HERE!!}

Maxi skirts (and dresses) offer the chance to pile on secret thermal layers without ever giving the game away.

I'm also wearing a full set of thermals, but you would never know... unless I blabbed (oops)!
I love the way this oversized jumper and maxi skirt can conceal my cosiness while giving the illusion of effortless ease.

I'm as snug as a bug in a rug under this swoosh of fabric!

Silver Maxi Skirt & Black Boots | Autumn Style, over 40.

Are you an all-year maxi wearer?
Do you wear secret thermals and cosy tights under yours?

If your maxis end up in storage could you be tempted to give them a go this season?

Please let me know by leaving a comment.
I love reading them!

SKIRT: Old (similar)
JUMPER: French Connection... I like this one.
BOOTS: Clarks (old)... similar.
BAG: c/o Lotus

Silver Maxi Skirt & Black Boots | Autumn Style, over 40.

GET THE LOOK



SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig