For the imperfect Fashion lover.

Wearing Black and Blue without looking like a bruise!

Fake Fabulous | Mixing Blue, green and Black together... with a pop of hot pink!

Wearing black and blue together is supposed to be one of those colour combinations that shouldn't be seen on a stylish woman.
A forbidden (and tasteless) mix.
Oh dear.
I've done bad again.

Other "ugly" mixes are:
Black and Brown.
Pink and Red.
Red and Green.
Yellow and Black.

Luckily, I don't care much for fashion rules.
Especially when it comes to mixing (and clashing) colours.
Playing with colour is a very personal thing and if you like the way a combination looks, then go for it!


Today, I decided to mix the forbidden blue and black, as well as a little bit of green!
Oopsy, did I forget that blue and green shouldn't be mixed either?
Silly me!

Fake Fabulous | Mixing Blue, green and Black together... with a pop of hot pink!

This look started with my chunky boots and worked up from there (my favourite way to dress).
The boots are very comfortable, perfect for being on my feet all day.

A large green bag followed, as it was essential for lugging around all of the things I needed.
Navy blue trousers and a patterned black top (See it in this post more clearly) were easy to wear, and comfortable.

Fake Fabulous | Mixing Blue, green and Black together... with a pop of hot pink!

Throwing this black and white coat over the top, was a decision I grew to regret later in the day.
This coat is made of a polyester mix and is unlined.
Consequently, it is not very warm at all.
Boooo.

Luckily, I had an extra cosy thermal layer hidden underneath my top, but it was not enough.
{Wishing for a cosy cardigan...or another coat!}

It's so disappointing when a coat does not deliver any warmth at all.
Although, for the price, I was hardly expecting great things.
Smarter layering is the answer.

The bright side was: I didn't get hot and bothered while running around!

Fake Fabulous | Mixing Blue, green and Black together... with a pop of hot pink!

A colourful and chunky necklace (last seen here) and some hot pink gloves, finished my look of nicely.

Do you have any favourite (and forbidden) colour combinations that you love?
Please share in the comments!
Or, contact me.
I'd love to try out some of your favourites.

COAT: Primark, bought in a charity shop (brand new)
NECKLACE: Oliver Bonas (a gift)
PIN: H&M (part of a trio)
TOP: Ted Baker (found in a charity shop)
TROUSERS: Unknown
BOOTS: Clarks
GLOVES: A gift (John Lewis, I think)
BAG: Osprey (from Tkmax)
LIPSTICK: Mac

GET the LOOK


SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig