For the imperfect Fashion lover.

Halloween Makeup | Evil Ice Queen (Part 1)


I love dressing up for Halloween.
This year we are heading off to a Halloween party, and I have 4 costumes to make and 4 faces to make-up.
It's so much fun!

I need to warn you now, I am not a fan of 'pretty' (or sexy) Halloween looks.

The kids won't be cute and my husband and I won't be funny, or sexy.
The scarier (or uglier) the better!

In previous years I have been a witch, a devil, a skeleton, a corpse bride and a werewolf.
All very traditional costumes.
This year I decided to try something different.
A frozen zombified Ice Queen!

I have made a start on making my costume, and today I gave the makeup a trial run.

{This is my first youtube video that I have put on Fake Fabulous}

It is just me and my computer...
No filters.
No fancy lighting (as you will see!).
No tricks of the camera.
Just me, making a mess and having fun.

I hope you enjoy it.


For the Ice Queen makeup, you will need:
  • Primer/moisturiser or BB cream.
  • Pale and/or white foundation (that 'too pale' foundation, you bought by mistake, is perfect).
  • White and/or pale face powder.
  • Silver eyeshadow.
  • Grey eyeshadow.
  • Blue eyeliner.
  • Blue lipstick (optional)
  • Black lipstick (only if you want black teeth!)
  • Loose silver glitter eyeshadow.
  • Aluminium foil.
  • Eyelash glue.
  • Makeup sponge (optional)
  • Blusher brush.
  • Eyeshadow brush.
  • White liner.
  • White mascara (optional)
  • Fake lashes (optional)
{I am going to use more icy patches and perhaps some areas of rotten flesh*, on the night.}

*Rotten flesh is so easy to make using pva glue (or a glue stick) and tissue paper.

    What to do:
    1. Apply a primer/moisturiser or BB cream to prepare the skin.
    2. Apply your foundation(s).
    3. Dust the pale face powder all over the face.
    4. Apply the silver eyeshadow where you would a blusher/highlighter.
    5. Use the grey eyeshadow to darken around the eyes and contour the cheeks, nose and chin.
    6. Apply the foil (and glitter eyeshadow) anywhere you want on the face, using eyelash glue, to get the look you want.
    7. Use the white liner and mascara (optional) to line the eyes and take as much pink away as you can.
    8. Using the blue eyeliner, line the lips and fill in.
    9. Apply blue lipstick (optional).
    10. Blacken as many teeth as you want using the black lipstick.
    11. Apply your lashes (Try not to get into as much of a mess as me). You could wear white contacts in you are able to. 
    12. Add more glitter wherever you want it... the more the merrier.
    13. Pop on a white (or blonde) wig and you are good to go.

    Are you dressing up for Halloween?
    Is Scary or Sexy your thing?

    Please share your thoughts on dressing up in the comments.
    I love hearing from you!
    SHARE:
    Blogger Template Created by pipdig