For the imperfect Fashion lover.

A Hairy Green Dress (yes, really!) 5 ways | PPP 8, plus guests.

Fake Fabulous | PPP 8 | A Hairy Green Dress, 6 ways, style over 40.

This month's PPP has been quite an epic event!

Anna, Ann and I are joined by Greetje and Sheela.
This month's item has travelled thousands of miles.

I can hardly believe that this dress has travelled so far.
From the Isles of Scilly, to Amsterdam, to Houston, to Hong Kong, to Scotland then back home again.
Wow!

So, here is the epic eighth Ping Pong Post.


This time Anna, Ann, Greetje, Sheela and I are styling a seriously quirky dress.

Totally different to last month's classic breton.

When I opened this parcel I had to smile.
I've tried on this very dress (last Christmas when out shopping for a party outfit) so I knew how this was going to work for me.

This dress is oversized {understatement of the year!} and pretty shapeless.
No amount of belting (or pegging) is going to help.
I just had to embrace it's vastness, and it's crazy texture, and enjoy wearing it.

Fake Fabulous | PPP 8 | A Hairy Green Dress, 6 ways, style over 40.

There is always going to be a 'fit challenge' with these PPP posts.
Simply because all of us are different.

{Even more so, this month, with Greetje (tall) and Sheela (petite) joining us.}

We are not the same shape, or size.
We live in different worlds, and have different lives.
That is what makes PPP so much fun!

Wearing the dress alone made me feel like a character from the Muppets (or Sesame street :oP) so I knew I had to add a cover-up.
Initially, I wanted to style the dress with vinyl leggings and chunky boots but was worried that my fellow bloggers would be doing the same.

{How wrong I was! See below...}

Fake Fabulous | PPP 8 | A Hairy Green Dress, 6 ways, style over 40.

I finally decided on a palette of soft beige, cream and light tan.
Perfect for a cosy autumn outfit.

My OTK (over the knee) boots, wool tights and chunky socks were the starting point for this casual look.
Adding a beige poloneck and a chunky cable cardigan kept things cosy and comfortable.

A modern necklace and red lips, finished my outfit off nicely.

Fake Fabulous | PPP 8 | A Hairy Green Dress, 6 ways, style over 40.

Over to...

Anna from Anna's Island Style

Anna has piled on the colour in this eclectic look.
So different from last month's pared back palette.
She is a style and colour chameleon.
I love those shoes Anna!
{Why oh why do we not have the same size feet?!}

Fake Fabulous | PPP 8 | A Hairy Green Dress, 6 ways, style over 40.


Dress: H&M
Disco pants: H&M
Polo neck: eBay
Shoes: Office
Pendant: Vivienne Westwood
Sunglasses: Quay Australia
Watch: Michael Kors

Rings: Old.

Ann from Kremb de la Kremb

Ann had taken this dress and turned it into a scarf.
{Nothing surprises me when it comes to this lady}
Draping the dress around her neck and securing it with a brooch.
She is a clever cookie!
Check out her blog for the rest of this outfit... and those gorgeous orange shorts.

Fake Fabulous | PPP 8 | A Hairy Green Dress, 6 ways, style over 40.


Sunglasses: Forever 21
Earrings: Ben from Jardines Bazaar, Hong Kong
Scarf: Anna's dress
Brooch: Banana Republic
Ring: India
Shirt: Gap
Leather Shorts: Forever 21
Jungle Bag; Louella Odie

Greetje from No Fear of Fashion

Greetje has also chosen a soft cream to go with this dress.
I once likened Greetje to a tulip.. tall, sleek, elegant and colourful.
Although the colour is taking a break here, the elegance remains!
Check out Greetje's blog for more outfit inspiration and great chat.

Fake Fabulous | PPP 8 | A Hairy Green Dress, 6 ways, style over 40.

Sheela from Sheela Writes

There are two certainties when it comes to Sheela's outfits.. original styling and fabulous shoes.
She does not disappoint here!
As a petite lady this dress must have swamped Sheela, but she has made it her own by adding layers, textures and interesting accessories.
Be sure to check out Sheela's blog, especially if you love sky-high footwear.

Fake Fabulous | PPP 8 | A Hairy Green Dress, 6 ways, style over 40.

Follow Sheela on Instagram

Leather Top: StitchFix
Belt worn as necklace: JCrew
Clutch, Booties, Sunnies & Leggings: Thrifted
Ring: a gift
Yellow Cuff: Courtesy of Unearthed

I hope you enjoyed this month's PPP.
Stay tuned to find out what happens next time (on the 20th of November).
It's my turn... and it's a tricky one (insert evil laughter)!

How would you have styled this hairy dress?
Please let me know in the comments.


Fake Fabulous | PPP 8 | A Hairy Green Dress, 6 ways, style over 40.

SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig