For the imperfect Fashion lover.

Denim A-line Skirt | Casual College/Work Look.

Denim A-line Skirt, Green and White Split Sleeve Blouse, Clarks Buckle Sandals | Fake Fabulous

Is a denim skirt the perfect alternative to jeans?

A denim skirt is supposed to strike the perfect balance between casual and smart.
A more feminine alternative to jeans.

This all seems like a great idea until you actually try and style one!

This A-line denim skirt always causes me problems because it falls in middle ground.

If I try to 'smarten it up', it never quite looks smart enough.
If I try to 'keep it casual', it can look like a frumpy version of a good pair of jeans.
It's a tricky customer!

Denim A-line Skirt, Green and White Split Sleeve Blouse, Clarks Buckle Sandals | Fake Fabulous

For me, a denim skirt (like this one) is one of those items that you think you need in your wardrobe then (when you eventually buy it) you wonder why you bothered.

If I want to wear denim should I just pick a pair of jeans?
Are denim skirts too casual to be anything else?

In the end, I decided to treat this denim skirt the same way as a pair of jeans anyway.
It saved me a lot of messing about.

Denim A-line Skirt, Green and White Split Sleeve Blouse, Clarks Buckle Sandals | Fake Fabulous
{This staged shot of me 'reading' my blank notebook caused lots of laughs. My husband was rolling his eyes!}

This denim outfit turned out to be a great one for my errand-running day, but would also be perfect for a casual work (or college) environment.

A split-sleeve blouse with a summery kiwi print all over it.
Definitely kiwis.....or are they?
My husband thinks they are slices of cucumber.
What do YOU think?

Denim A-line Skirt, Green and White Split Sleeve Blouse, Clarks Buckle Sandals | Fake Fabulous

Neutral shoes, a simple bag, and gold accessories finish things off nicely.
Simple, feminine and comfortable.
What more do you need from an outfit?

What do you think of denim skirts?
A great alternative to jeans?
Or, a bit boring and even frumpy?

Please let me know your thoughts by leaving a comment.
I love hearing from you!

SKIRT: Boden....it's old but they have a new version.
TOP: Zara... From a Charity shop... this one is pretty.
SHOES: Clarks... similar.
BAG: Hidesign... this one is nice.
BOOKS: Paperchase.
GLASSES: Asda... these are cool!

Denim A-line Skirt, Green and White Split Sleeve Blouse, Clarks Buckle Sandals | Fake Fabulous 

GET THE LOOK



SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig