For the imperfect Fashion lover.

5 ways to cover-up on the beach, over 40 | PPP

Somerville scarves blue kaftan & white panama hat | Fake Fabulous

This month Anna, Ann, Mary (our guest) and I are covering up on the beach.

Beach cover-ups are great for slipping over your bikini to grab a bite to eat at the BBQ, or a cocktail at the bar.

However, beach cover-ups in Scotland can be a totally different kettle of fish.
Scottish beach cover-ups tend to involve a fleece... or a waterproof!

Fatface shorts & wool jumper on the beach! PPP

So, in this post I'm showing you my "Real life on Elie beach" cover-up (above) alongside a beautiful (and a more traditional) kaftan sent to me by somerville scarves.

{I wasn't paid to write about any items featured in this post. I only talk about things I really like.)

Somerville scarves blue kaftan & white panama hat | Fake Fabulous

This kaftan is the softest cotton, and a delight to wear.
As for this paper panama hat?
Well, I just love it!

Somerville scarves blue kaftan & white panama hat | Fake Fabulous

I've hardly had it off my head since it arrived.
I'm sure it will be on the blog many times... if I don't wear it out first!

Of course this "Beach Outfit" hasn't seen a real beach yet.
My real-life beach outfit was certainly not as chic, effortless or elegant.

It involved lugging windbreaks, packed lunches, flasks of tea, soggy towels, and buckets and spades .... all while wrestling with an excited dog, and chasing hats down the windy beach!
Maybe a serene beach break will be my next holiday?
Hmmmm.....

KAFTAN & HAT: c/o Somerville Scarves
SHOES: c/o Vionic
BAG: Tkmax

Vionic sandals | Fake Fabulous

Vintage Eyeglass Necklace | Fake Fabulous
Family Beach Fun, Elie (Scotland)  | Fake Fabulous

SHORTS: Fat Face....similar.
SHOES: c/o Vionic
JUMPER: Charity Shopped....similar.
GILET: Joules

Mary from Mary Murnane.

This is such a serene and simple look from Mary.
So beautiful.
I want to step through the photo and join her!

Beach cover-ups over 40 | Fake Fabulous


COVERUP: Neiman Marcus
SLIDES: Zara


Anna's strong swimmer's body is doing it's best to trick us into thinking she might be telling a porky pie about her 59 years!
This is how to rock a bikini and white ruffled minidress.... ageless and beautiful.
(Pop over to her blog to read more about the Loose Women campaign she is supporting.)

Beach cover-ups over 40 | Fake Fabulous

BANGLES & HAT : Charity shopped
DRESS: ASOS
SANDALS: Primark
BIKINI: H&M

Ann from Kremb de la Kremb


Ann is no stranger to the beach, or the casual cover-up look.
Here she lounges with effortless ease in her casual fisherman's jumper.
A pile of books by her side.... I wish I could join her for a cold beer and an hour (or two) of chillin'.... (does anyone "chill" anymore?!)

Beach cover-ups over 40 | Fake Fabulous

Follow Ann on Instagram. 

SUNGLASSES: Forever21
JUMPER: H&M
Swimsuit & Flipflops: Target
CUT-OFFS: DIY
TOTE: Louella Odlie

Beach cover-ups over 40 | Fake Fabulous


What are you covering up with on the beach?
Sheer cool cotton?
Or, a warm fleece?!

Please share in the comments.
I love hearing from you.


SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig