For the imperfect Fashion lover.

When Your Outfit Fails!

Blue and green | Outfit fails | Fake Fabulous

What happens when your outfit is a fail?

This outfit was a pain to wear.
Quite literally.

I could not wait to get home, and take the whole lot off!
The entire outfit (bar the bag, glasses and scarf) is getting donated.
Cheerio!

I'll explain...

Blue and green | Outfit fails | Fake Fabulous

This outfit came about when I was clearing out my wardrobe and discovered three neglected items.
A Green T-shirt (last seen styled HERE).
A Navy Skirt (last seen HERE).
And, a Pair of black ballerinas... never worn!
(Unworn shoes are the worst, aren't they?)

I honestly couldn't really remember WHY I wasn't wearing these items as often as I should, so I decided to put them together for the day.
They made a great outfit, and surely deserved one last chance?

This green t-shirt is such good quality, and double lined, it seemed bonkers that is was not a regular in my daily wardrobe?
Was I missing a trick?

Ditto the skirt, great quality, a versatile navy colour, fun and quirky... what's not to love?
I needed to remind myself why these were relegated.
Had I just forgotten them?
Or, was there something else?
I was about to find out.

The mixing of green and blue seems instinctive.
Nature does it, and that's good enough for me!
So, I ignored the old rule...
"Blue and Green should never be seen unless upon on a fool!"
I didn't feel like a fool, but all that was about to change...

Blue and green | Outfit fails | Fake Fabulous

OUCH!!

The first rude awakening came from the shoes.
Oh crikey, I regretted them almost as soon as they were on my feet!

I soon remembered why these shoes had been discarded to the back of the wardrobe.
Ouch.... and I mean OUCH!!!

My feet were crippled in less than half an hour.
Luckily, I had an emergency pair of shoes with me (the ones in this post).
Thank goodness I did, or there would have been tears... and blood!

I am sure that once they have been broken in they will be beautifully comfortable.
They are leather and suede with a pretty leather sole, and cost me more than I would care to admit.
Unfortunately, my feet are not the "Breaking-in-shoes" type.
(Far too skinny) so these shoes are in the charity bag.
My loss will be someone else's gain.
(I just hope their feet can handle it!)

As for the skirt and top...
Well the skirt did a repeat of it's embarrassing antics from THIS POST.
(I had blamed the fit, but now I'm not so sure.)
More embarrassing almost-flashing!
Oh dear.

The top was okay to start with (so soft), but felt seriously baggy and saggy half way though the day.
I felt like I was wearing my pyjama top!
Not a great feeling, especially when your skirt is misbehaving too.
I was desperate to get home and take these offenders off!

No wonder these pieces had been retired to the back of the wardrobe and into the "maybe one day" pile.

There is no point in hanging on to things that don't make you feel great, is there?
A clear-out always feels good, especially when items that don't make you feel good move on to a new home.
Let's hope they make someone else happy!

Blue and green | Outfit fails | Fake Fabulous
Luckily, my silk scarf was on hand to distract from the bagginess of my top, and my quilted bag did not let me down either.
Two keepers there!

Do you have any items lurking in the "Maybe one day" pile?
Are you thinking of clearing out and passing them on?
Why not give them one last chance?
(I just hope you don't have as many mishaps as me!)

SKIRT: Boden
TOP Windsmoor
SHOES: Jonak
BAG: Topshop
SCARF: A gift

SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig