For the imperfect Fashion lover.

It's Not a One Trick Pony | Occasionwear for Everyday!

Alie Street Pippa dress | Fake Fabulous

Some items we have in our wardrobes are very occasion-specific, aren't they?
Which is great (at the time) but then afterwards you wish you could enjoy wearing them a little more often.

{How many times have you considered dying or re-hemming a special dress?}

There is little point in having beautiful clothes hanging in a wardrobe gathering dust.

I certainly don't believe in saving 'good' things for special occasions.
Everyday deserves to be a celebration, however small.

So, when my husband commented...

"Wow, that's a beautiful dress, but it's a bit of a one trick pony, is it not?"

"What do you mean?"

"It's a dress you could only wear to a wedding or a fancy occasion, isn't it?"

Hmmmm...
I could see what he meant, this dress would look great styled up for an occasion, but I wanted to show him how it could be worn in a much more 'everyday' way!

Alie Street Pippa dress | Fake Fabulous

The dress itself is such a comfortable item, on the body, that it would be a waste to save it for dressier occasions.
It's an all-day-everyday dress, in my book!

The dress comes in 6 different designs, and this particular pattern was calling out for something denim.
I wanted to wear the waistcoat from this post and a pair of gutties... like the ones in this post (that are still agony to wear!) but, I decided to style it somewhere in the middle.
An outfit between a wedding and popping to the corner shop!

Alie Street Pippa dress | Fake Fabulous

A pair of well loved, neutral buckle sandals were just the ticket.
Casual but still 'done'.

Adding a slightly smarter version of a denim jacket elevated the look even more.
This one is denim coloured linen, and collarless.
Still easygoing, but more feminine and grown-up than the traditional denim style in this post.

A BIG bag was essential for my busy day... packed full of "stuff" I needed.
A slightly boho-feeling necklace finished things off nicely.

Alie Street Pippa dress | Fake Fabulous

The lovely team at Alie street sent me this dress (along with another style which you will see soon) and I was thrilled when it arrived.
The quality is beautiful (much better than the jersey dresses I am used to) and they are also made in the UK.
A HUGE plus for me.
No sweatshop exploitation ... phew!
Read about their ethics HERE.

The best part?
I felt great!

Alie Street Pippa dress | Fake Fabulous

{BTW... I was NOT paid to write this post, I just genuinely love this brand!}

'PIPPA' DRESS: c/o Alie Street.
SHOES: Clarks... similar.
JACKET: White Stuff... similar.
BAG: Bogner
NECKLACE: Charity shop

Do you like to wear your 'good' clothes on a regular basis?
Or, are they hanging in a wardrobe waiting for the next occasion?
Please share in the comments... or contact me.
I love hearing from you.




SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig