For the imperfect Fashion lover.

5 Reasons I Don't Like Social Media.

Photo Credit: William Iven.
Social Media is an (almost) essential part of the blogging world.
In fact, it is fast becoming an essential part of any (first) world!

Of course, you can write a blog (and function as a human being) without connecting any social media channels but, it's unusual not to have at least a couple of social options for readers/friends to follow.

Unfortunately, I really don't like social media... at ALL!

I know I should be doing better, so I have been trying to engage more over the past couple of weeks.

If you would like to connect with me you can on the right sidebar...Pop over and say hello!

However, I have to admit that I still find checking social media more of a chore than a pleasure.


5 things I don't like about Social Media.

1. Like for Likes

This is just annoying.
"Hi, your blog (even though I've never looked at it) is great. Lets follow each other!!"
Erm.... no thanks.

2. Moaning

Moaning is boring.
Regardless of the subject.
{Even if it involves moaning about moaning 😝!}
Complaining about other people, or politics, or anything really.... Sigh.

Stop moaning and start doing!

3. Photos of a 'Perfect' life

This is a silly one that (mostly) makes me laugh, but it is still a pet peeve.
Photos of "My perfect life" are tedious.

  • Perfect husbands/boyfriends/relationships.... give me a break!
  • Perfect homes.... obviously no one actually lives there.
  • Perfect holidays... must be quite boring if you have had time to get your phone out every half hour.
  • Perfect children... ha ha ha ha ha...really?? Not unless the little darlings are sedated, or you are permanently sipping a large glass of wine!
  • Perfect parties... If that party/event you are at is SO good than how have you got time (or inclination) to be on your phone?

4. Blatant follow / un-follow promotion

Companies (or brands) that follow you then almost immediately un-follow just to promote themselves.
Shameless.

5. Trolling and/or Stalking

This is simply pathetic.
Anyone who has such an empty life that they have to live it through someone else, either by following their every move or being abusive toward them, needs a slice of pity pie and should be ignored.

3 Good Reasons to Connect to Social Media

I have to concede that after my moaning (see point 2) I must hold my hands up and acknowledge the benefits of social media.

1. Far-flung Friends

I realise that many people use social media to keep in touch with far-flung friends and relatives, which it's undeniably great for.
A life-line in some cases.
Facebook is a popular choice for this.

2. News and Keeping Updated

Keeping up to date with news...whether it's world affairs, or your specific interest, is easy on social media.
Plus, you get a more diverse 'voice'... the opinions of others not just the big news corporation's angle.
Twitter is a great platform for this.

3. Connecting/Discovering like-minded people

This is main reason why I am trying to be better at social media.
I want to use social media to find more women like ME, who are interested in the things I like.
New connections from across the globe... more bloggers, more women over 40, more parents, more animal lovers, more beauty fans, more food lovers, more yoga fans... it's a pretty long list.

BUT, being on social media for hours each day frightens me and I won't do it.
I can't do it.

Some people have their phones in their hands all of the time...even during dinner!
I have even seen people looking at their phone recording a concert instead of actually enjoying the concert, and living the experience.
Scary stuff.
I want to do better but we must all draw the line somewhere, in order to keep our sanity.


What do you use Social Media for?
Are you guilty of spending too much time on these social channels?
Which platform is your favourite, and why?

I would LOVE to hear your thoughts and opinion on this topic.
Please share in the comments or DM me through any social channel....and I promise to get back to you!




SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig