For the imperfect Fashion lover.

White Lace Maxi Dress, over 40, 3 ways! | #PPP 4

Fake Fabulous | White lace maxi dress, over 40...3 ways! #PPP 4
This post is the fourth, in a series, called the Ping Pong Posts.


This time Anna, Ann and I are styling a sheer, white, lace dress.
Well, it's more like a maxi shirt really.

This dress belongs to Ann, and I have admired it on her previously.
So, I thought I would find this dress a doddle to style.
I love it on her so it should be easy, right?
Hmmmm...
When this dress arrived I had my usual well of panic.
It's not mine.
I don't know how to wear it!
Is it even 'me'?

What on earth was I going to do?

Fake Fabulous | White lace maxi dress, over 40...3 ways! #PPP 4

I hung the dress up on the back of a door and looked at it for a couple of days.
Gradually it felt more at home.
More like something I had bought.
Phew!

I initially styled this dress with my skinny grey jeans, and a white vest top. 
Nice enough, but a bit too safe.
So, I decided to button it up, and wear it as a dress.
Perfect for a summer event.
A BBQ maybe?

My 'summer event' was a day spent in the garden, basking in the (rare) sunshine, writing, reading and sipping chilled champagne (well, a mini prosecco anyway).
A glorious day in a glorious dress!

I had to resist snipping the label out of the back (I do this with most of my clothes)

The dress is (very) slightly too big for me, but nothing a belt couldn't fix.

{In fact, even if the dress had been a perfect fit, it would have still needed a belt as I looked a little chunky around the middle without it}

My white slip acted as a dress liner and turned the shirt/dress/cover-up into a real dress.

I was tempted to add a few pops of colour, but in the end decided to keep everything simple.

{Although, I could not resist bright blue nails}

White, tan and pearls.
Some of my favourite accessories were back out in force!
My trusty tan belt... which I wear to death, layered pearl necklaces and my buckle sandals.
You can't beat old favourites for making a 'new' item feel familiar and comfortable.


DRESS: Ann's...from forever21.... this one is beautiful! This one has it's own slip.
SLIP: M&S
HAT: old...similar
SHOES: Clarks... I love these!
NAILS: BarryM
TOES: Mavala
NECKLACES: Various gifts and vintage pieces
BELT: Topshop...this one is nice.
GLASSES: Vogue... these are fab!


GET THE LOOK





Anna from Anna's Island Style

I like how she has styled this dress.
Layering it over another dress (with sky high wedges) makes it wearable and fun.
Once again, accessorising using her charity shop finds and stamping her personality all over it.

What a beautiful location too....I am not at all envious, nope, not a bit!




Dress: F&F
Sandals: Bertie
Necklace: Magpie and Butterfly
Sunglasses: Quay Australia
Bangles: charity shop
Gold/nude ring: Boots
Cream floral ring: charity shop.

Ann from Kremb de la Kremb

Like Anna, Ann's on the beach!

This time, Ann is in her fabulous leopard print bikini.
The dress acting as a perfect beach cover-up.
You can't get a simpler look than this.
Practical, and pretty damn sexy too!




Leopard Bikini: ASOS
Jean Shorts: Paige Denim
Puka Shell Anklets: Puka Beach, Boracay
Turkish Towel: Bowl and Pitcher
Sun Hat: Forever 21
Sunglasses: Target
Beach Bag: Bali

How would you have styled this item?
As a dress?
As an over-shirt?
As a beach cover-up?
Please let me know in the comments....or tweet me @samantha4blair.
SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig