For the imperfect Fashion lover.

Summer Brights | Wearing Orange with Brown and Blue.

Fake Fabulous | Bright orange top, cropped brown jacket, bright blue clutch and octopus necklace.

Recently, I have been drawn to more muted colour palettes.
Denims, greys and even black!

I wonder if this is because Summer is full of natural light (it gets dark here at 11pm) and vibrant colour, so I don't feel the need to inject any of my own.
I seem to crave colour much more in the darkness of winter.

Today, however, I was inspired to wear some orange.
You don't get much bolder than a burst of orange!

Fake Fabulous | Bright orange top, cropped brown jacket, bright blue clutch and octopus necklace.

If you look online you can find plenty of sites advising you 'How to wear orange'.

We all know orange looks great with white, can work well with denim and can go a bit halloween-ish when paired with black.

But...
There is no denying that orange is a tricky colour to wear.
It catches the eye.
It makes a bold statement.
It can feel overwhelming.
Wearing orange is not for the feint-hearted!

Fake Fabulous | Bright orange top, cropped brown jacket, bright blue clutch and octopus necklace.

Today's outfit is a simple combination.
Jeans, a plain top and a jacket.
No complicated layering.
No high fashion shapes.
Just a straightforward, and easy, look.

{Not a million miles away from this blogging cliché}

I think that orange looks good with other warm colours such as yellow, red and brown.
Orange also looks great with contrasting hues, like bright blue.
In fact, bright blue is the perfect popping contrast to a smack of orange!

Fake Fabulous | Bright orange top, cropped brown jacket, bright blue clutch and octopus necklace.

This bright orange camisole works perfectly (in my opinion) with my brown skinny jeans.

{See my jeans here, with a floral scuba top...and here, with yellow and tartan}

I love the look of orange and brown together, so I added my favourite (old) jacket, that I have had forever.
This little jacket is always on hand to add a little 'something' to a look... And, to think I once thought about selling it on Ebay. Yikes!

Fake Fabulous | Bright orange top, cropped brown jacket, bright blue clutch and octopus necklace.

I needed to add a little something extra to these warm tones so, I reached for my bright blue clutch.
A bright clutch is a great investment (I need more bold colours in my collection) and goes with everything!

{See this clutch here, for a date, and here, with faux fur}

Bold blue nails, orange lips and some unusual jewellery finished things off nicely!

Fake Fabulous | Bright orange top, cropped brown jacket, bright blue clutch and octopus necklace.

NAILS : Barry M
BAG: Linea (this one is nice)
TOP: Asda (this one is lovely)
JACKET: Vintage Topshop (this one is beautiful and on sale!...)
JEANS: M&S 
NECKLACE: Ebay (similar)
GLASSES: Primark (these are gorgeous)
SHOES: Dune (these are nice)
RING: Topshop (this one is stunning)

GET THE LOOK




Fake Fabulous | Bright orange top, cropped brown jacket, bright blue clutch and octopus necklace.

Linking up to: I will wear what I like (Monday), Visible MondayTurning heads Tuesday The Pleated Poppy (Wednesday), Colour and Grace (Wednesday), Top of the World Style (Thursday), Brilliant blog posts (Thursday), Hat Attack (Friday), Forage Fashion Friday Mummy's got style (Friday), Fun fashion Friday.
SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig