For the imperfect Fashion lover.

Comfortable Summer Outfit, perfect for Travelling!

Fake Fabulous | MargaretM trousers | Mixing florals & colours | Red, blue, lilac and green.

Wearing bright splashes of colour is an easy way to cheer up a dull day.

This outfit was the perfect antidote to the, a-bit-damp and a-bit-chilly, weather we are experiencing at the moment.

Summer seems to have forsaken us, and I need to keep pretending otherwise.
If the sun won't shine I will have to wear my own!

Fake Fabulous | MargaretM trousers | Mixing florals & colours | Red, blue, lilac and green.

This outfit came together really quickly (and surprisingly easily) considering how much colour and pattern it contains.

It started with these red and white trousers, from Margaret M.
The are called 'Slimming pants'....hmmm...
I am definitely NOT a fan of shapewear (or restrictive clothing) so I must admit to being sceptical about how they would fit and, more importantly, feel.

However, I always try and keep an open mind so I thought I would give them a go.
I figured that if they were too tight, or caused nasty ooze, I could hand them on to a shapewear fan.

I was really surprised when they were super comfortable, and a great fit. 
No oozage in sight.
For me, they were not so much slimming, just comfortable and easy to wear!

Fake Fabulous | MargaretM trousers | Mixing florals & colours | Red, blue, lilac and green.
LET'S SHOP for PATTERNED TROUSERS



These red and white trousers would have looked nice with a white top and plain sandals.
Nice enough, yes, but I feel that patterned trousers can start to look a bit like pyjama bottoms if I am not careful.
So, I decided to add more colour (and another pattern) to liven things up a little.

Mixing a small pattern (trousers) with a larger one (blouse) is an easy way to mix prints.

The floral blouse ties in with the red and white of the trousers, but also brings more colours into play, expanding the palette nicely.
I added a lilac vest and a green belt, but could have easily chosen any one of the colours in the bolder pattern.

Purple (and blue) gutties, and a bright blue blazer, pulled more colours out of my blouse and made my outfit feel fresher, and more fun.

Fake Fabulous | MargaretM trousers | Mixing florals & colours | Red, blue, lilac and green.

A green bangle, and my #YEAH bag, finished my colourful look off perfectly.

{PLEASE NOTE: The nice people at MargaretM sent me these super-comfortable trousers. I was not paid to write a review, or included specific content. Everything I have written here is my own opinion.}

SHOP the LOOK




Fake Fabulous | MargaretM trousers | Mixing florals & colours | Red, blue, lilac and green.

How would you have styled these trousers?
Do you like mixing colours and patterns?
Or, do you prefer mixing a pattern with plain items?

Please share your thoughts in the comments...or contact me!

TROUSERS: MargaretM ....these checked ones are cool.
VEST: Topshop (old)...this bodysuit version is fab!
SHIRT: Asda. (This one is so nice!!....I like this one too.)
JACKET: Monsoon (this boyfriend style one is great.)
BELT: Tkmaxx
SHOES: Boden (these Superga's are lovely, these ones from Ash are pretty too)
BAG: M&S Limited...this one is funny....I am day dreaming about this one!!
BANGLE and RING: Topshop...this bangle caught my eye. This ring is a more sophisticated version.

SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig