For the imperfect Fashion lover.

We all love a cliche, don't we?

Fake Fabulous | Red Pixie cut | Blue monsoon blazer, Gap ripped jeans, gold accessories, irregular choice heels.

Style Cliches

As you know, a cliche is something that has been done/said/worn so often that it is no longer interesting, or effective.

In other words, it has been done to death, and we are sick of it!

Whether it is an annoying phrase, or a certain look, cliches are boring.

So, it would make sense to avoid outfit cliches, right?

Well, yes.
But...
Haven't most outfits/looks/combinations been tried before?
Hasn't every possible 'way to wear' every possible item, been done over and over?
Haven't these looks been spotted on every blogger, all over the globe.
Even quirkiness is not unique.
{Unless you go down the route of dressing completely OTT, of course}

What is the point of fighting it?

Today I am wearing the done-to-death, tried-and-tested, ultimate blogger's outfit cliche.
A blazer, heels and ripped jeans.
{Have you dozed off yet?}

Fake Fabulous | Red Pixie cut | Blue monsoon blazer, Gap ripped jeans, gold accessories, irregular choice heels.

This blazer is lightweight, and such a fresh spring colour.
(It reminds me of forget me nots).
Blue can be a tricky colour to pull off when you have red hair and pale skin, but, when you find the right shade, it makes your colouring come alive.
{Read how I discovered my love of blue, here...thanks to my grandpa}

I paired this blue blazer with a plain shell top and skinny, ripped jeans.
I know that everyone has already worn the skinny-ripped-jeans-look many times, and they are old news, but I still love them!

Pretty pastel earrings, a vintage bangle and my #YEAH bag, finished things off nicely.

I needed to wear a scarf (it is still cold here).
This gold one is an old favourite of mine.
And, I had to add a warmer coatover this look, when I headed out...brrrr!

Fake Fabulous | Red Pixie cut | Blue monsoon blazer, Gap ripped jeans, gold accessories, irregular choice heels.

Oh, I forgot to mention my shoes!
How did that happen?

I love these pretty heels.
Relatively comfortable (well, as comfortable as heels can be) and just unusual enough to catch the eye, without trying too hard.
What more could I want from a shoe?

{See how I wore them here, with wide trousers}

GET THE LOOK


Fake Fabulous | Red Pixie cut | Blue monsoon blazer, Gap ripped jeans, gold accessories, irregular choice heels.

What do you think of cliched outfits?
Do you get put off by a done-to-death combination?
Or, do you feel that if it is tried-and-tested then it must work?

Please share your thoughts in the comments.
I love to read them.
Or send me a tweet @samantha4blair

Fake Fabulous | Red Pixie cut | Blue monsoon blazer, Gap ripped jeans, gold accessories, irregular choice heels. 
Jacket: Monsoon (similar..this one is nice (in Navy)...and this striped one is cool)
Top: George (old). This one is nice.
Jeans: GAP (these are cool)
Earrings: Unknown (similar)
Shoes: Irregular choice (old) These are so pretty!
Scarf: old (similar)
Bag: M&S (this one is fun...this one is nice too)

Fake Fabulous | Red Pixie cut | Blue monsoon blazer, Gap ripped jeans, gold accessories, irregular choice heels.

Linking up to: I will wear what I like (Monday), Visible MondayTurning heads Tuesday The Pleated Poppy (Wednesday), Colour and Grace (Wednesday), Top of the World Style (Thursday), Brilliant blog posts (Thursday), Hat Attack (Friday), Forage Fashion Friday Mummy's got style (Friday), Fun fashion FridayStyle story (Saturday)

SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig