For the imperfect Fashion lover.

Blue Jumpsuit, 3 Ways | #PPP3

Fake Fabulous | Electric blue jumpsuit, 3 ways

This post is the third, in a series, called the Ping Pong Posts.


This time Anna, Ann and I are styling a Jumpsuit.
A bright blue leopard(ish) print jumpsuit.

This jumpsuit is a tricky customer, for sure!

It is quite hard to find any jumpsuit that fits properly.
Whatever your size and shape, there are almost always compromises to be made.

This jumpsuit is totally unstructured, loose in design but still a size 8, with NO stretch.
Totally unforgiving.
I knew that the gorgeous Ann would have a job squeezing the "girls" into it.
Sorry Ann!
And, I suspected that it would be a little on the long side for beautiful Anna.
Sorry Anna!

This was a huge challenge for my friends.

I wondered if perhaps I was subconsciously getting my own back for my previous shirt dress issues?
Hahaha (evil laugh) revenge is mine...

Fake Fabulous | Electric blue jumpsuit, blue clutch, green shoes, black coat and a chunky necklace.

However, the last laugh is on me!
This jumpsuit turned out to be a challenge for me to style too.
The fabric is so unstructured (and unforgiving) that it shows every lump, bump and flaw.
It can also cling, which I hate.

A simple sash fixed the shapeless problem but, I still needed a smart cover-all to hide it's unstructured cling and to give me the confidence to go out.
A sleeveless jacket was perfect.

Fake Fabulous | Electric blue jumpsuit, blue clutch, green shoes, black coat and a chunky necklace.

As there was a lot of gape at the neckline, I added a cowl neck cami underneath for comfort and decency.
Leaning forward was no longer obscene.
A Chunky necklace provided more coverage, and interest.

{These pictures were taken way back in March (before I sent my parcel off to Anna then she sent it on to Ann) so I was a little (Read: VERY) cold and the light is poor. Apologies for that}

Fake Fabulous | Electric blue jumpsuit, blue clutch, green shoes, black coat and a chunky necklace.

A blue clutch and green shoes finished things off perfectly!

Hang on a minute!

Is there not a rule about blue and green never being seen together?
Well, yes, that boring rule exists.
But I disagree with it!
These green shoes clash (with the blue) in a really satisfying way.


Jumpsuit: I can't remember! (this one is gorgeous)
Top: Charity shop (similar)
Shoes: Marta Johnson (these blue ones are nice too)


Fake Fabulous | Electric blue jumpsuit and  green shoes.

GET THE LOOK



I love the way each of us is so different, even with such a distinctive item.
We never discuss our outfit options, and each time it is a genuine surprise what we come up with.

Anna, from Anna's Island Style 

I like the way she has styled this tricky piece, with layers and fabulous (high) shoes
She has 'grounded' the jumpsuit with neutrals but has still kept her unique style.
I love the way this outfit keeps your eye moving.

Check out Anna's blog to see how she works wonders with her charity shop finds.
She has such an eye for a bargain!




Jumpsuit: Mine!
Waistcoat: Charity shop
Tshirt: Primark
Shoes: M&S
Handbag: "Borrowed" from her daughter
Pendant: from New Zealand
Turquoise bangle: Old
Gold bangle: Charity shop
Rings: Charity shop
Sunglasses: Quay Australia

Ann, from Kremb de la Kremb

Ann's backgrounds always make me smile.
How does she find such great backdrops?
Living in Hong Kong certainly has it's benefits.

Her look is totally different, again.
Simple and uncluttered.
Black and silver accessories work perfectly.
And, check out that bag!
She made it herself (Try it yourself, here)




Silver necklace and bracelet: Target
Jumpsuit: Mine
Clutch: DIY by Ann!
Satin pumps: Goodwill (US charity shop)

How would you have styled this jumpsuit?
Please let me know in the comments....or tweet me @samantha4blair
SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig