For the imperfect Fashion lover.

Styling Animal Print with Black Palazzo Trousers.

Fake Fabulous | Black palazzo trousers and leopard print

Learning to love the leopard.


Recently, I have been enjoying wearing animal prints more and more.
{See my leopard print jumpsuit, here and a leopard print dress (during the day) and the same dress at night}

Oddly, animal prints are something I didn't really wear before I hit 40.
They didn't feel like me.
Not my style at all.
Now, I find myself drawn to their wild charms.
I wonder if leopard is something you grown into?
Is it a taste that takes years to develop and mature, like a fine wine?
Does the love of all things animal come with age?
I am beginning to think so!

Whatever the reason, animal print (mixed with either black, cream or tan) is another style cliche that I am loving.

Fake Fabulous | Black palazzo trousers and leopard print

Today wanted to wear my wide legged black trousers (last seen here, for an evening out) and a leopard print, fine knit jumper.
This jumper was one of my charity shop finds.
It had a hole under the arm, which needed a few delicate stitches, but apart from that minor flaw it looked brand new.
One persons trash is another's treasure.

Adding more animal magic in the form of a leopard print belt and my (faux) snakeskin pointed shoes gave more personality to my look.
A neutral bag kept things appropriate for work.
{I was tempted to wear my leopard bag too!}

Fake Fabulous | Black palazzo trousers and leopard print

A fun print needs little in the way of accessorising.
Simple earrings finished things off perfectly.
GET THE LOOK


Fake Fabulous | Black palazzo trousers and leopard print

I have to share this silly picture with you.
It was so windy (sudden gusts) that my trousers were misbehaving and causing much hilarity.
The joys of outdoor photography!

Fake Fabulous | Black palazzo trousers and leopard print

Do you love leopard (and other animal prints)?
Has the way you feel about animal prints changed over the years?

Please share your thoughts in the comments or tweet me @samantha4blair.


Trousers: Secret Heart (similar)
Jumper: Warehouse (this one is fun, this one is lovely!)
Belt: Topshop
Shoes: Topshop (these are nice, so are these!)
Bag: Hidesign (similar)
Earrings: Zara (these are beautiful)
SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig