For the imperfect Fashion lover.

Flared Jeans and a Slouchy Knit | Easy Daywear

Fake Fabulous | Flared jeans, wedges and a sloppy knit

Flares can be tricky to wear, can't they?

  • They can shorten, not only the leg, but the whole body.
  • They can make thighs look chunky, and give a 'turned in' appearance to the legs.
  • They are (usually) only wearable with one heel height, making them less versatile than other jean styles.
  • If they are not the perfect length for your chosen shoe, they look awful. Dragging on the floor? Yuck! Half mast? Double yuck.
  • They can flap about and feel a bit silly, especially if (like me) you are used to wearing skinny jeans.
  • They scream 70's...even when you don't want to!

Fake Fabulous | Flared jeans, wedges and a sloppy knit

With this pair of flared jeans, there is only one height of shoe that will work.
{See how I wore them with chunky boots, here}

Much as I would love to wear these jeans with some flat sandals (or converse-style gutties) I am tied into platform-height shoes.

There is no point in fighting it, platforms are the only way to go!
So, I paired these flared jeans with some platform strappy sandals.

Fake Fabulous | Flared jeans, wedges and a sloppy knit

I didn't want to go for the full-on 70's look, but it does not matter what you wear with these jeans, everything (especially more casual items) takes on a 70's vibe.

I decided to wear a simple vest top, and pop a open-knit sloppy jumper over the top.
Partly for that easy-breezy feel, but mostly to give more coverage.

I found myself reaching for my huge, suede, tassel bag again.
It was hard to resist!
I can get everything in it, and it is so sloppy and satisfying.

A few bangles, and a pair of sparkly hoops, finished things off nicely.

Are you a fan of flared jeans?
How do you style yours?
Please share in the comments, or tweet me @samantha4blair 

Linking up to: I will wear what I like (Monday), Visible MondayTurning heads Tuesday The Pleated Poppy (Wednesday), Colour and Grace (Wednesday), Top of the World Style (Thursday), Brilliant blog posts (Thursday), Hat Attack (Friday), Forage Fashion Friday Mummy's got style (Friday), Fun fashion Friday.
Fake Fabulous | Flared jeans, wedges and a sloppy knit

SHOP THE LOOK



SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig