For the imperfect Fashion lover.

Denim Cut-offs, over 40? | Boho Summer Look

Fake Fabulous | Boho style, embroidered kaftan & Denim cut-offs over 40.

Okay, it's confession time.... 

These cut-off jeans were actually my son's, until he outgrew them.

I decided to rescue them from the charity bag, chopping them up (with a bread knife) to make a pair of distressed jeans.
He had already put the knee out of them, and the rest of the 'distressing' was easy and lots of fun!

{See them styled in one of my early posts, here.
And, here, with a muted, nude palette}

Fake Fabulous | Boho style, embroidered kaftan & Denim cut-offs over 40.

Unfortunately, when I was putting them on one day, I got my foot caught in the hole at the knee and ripped them (almost) in half.
They were a mess.
I was not impressed.

Fake Fabulous | Boho style, embroidered kaftan & Denim cut-offs over 40.

I had to salvage the situation, so I decided to turn them into a pair of denim cut-offs.
Not too short (I am not Daisy Duke) but not too long as to look non-committal.
In my mind, shorts should be short.

Some people might think that denim cut-offs are something to be avoided over the age of 20 (let alone 40!) BUT I just see them as a pair of jeans... only with a smaller inseam!

Fake Fabulous | Boho style, embroidered kaftan & Denim cut-offs over 40.

My rear end isn't hanging out of them, they cover the top of my thigh, and paired with a flowing tunic top {last styled here, with an all-grey outfit} I thought they looked quite demure.
Well, as demure as denim cut offs can be!

Yes, of course, I know that I am "No spring chicken" and my legs are "Knockin' on a bit" BUT, in real life, nobody really cares that much anyway.
The sun was shining.
It was warm(ish) and I was able to leave my thermals in the wardrobe.
{I am wearing one of my vest tops with a macrame trim, which I love}
So, I was taking the opportunity to get my legs out.
We have to make hay while the sun shines, after all!

Fake Fabulous | Boho style, embroidered kaftan & Bracelets

My light tan sandals (last styled here and here), a few interesting bracelets and a pair of earrings finished off my look nicely.

GET THE LOOK


Fake Fabulous | Boho style, Clarks originals sandals.

Top: Darling (this one is nice)
Shorts: Levis (these ones are a bit smarter!)
Shoes: Clarks (these are nice)
Bag: Primark (similar)
Earrings: Old (over 20 years)...these are unusual and pretty.
Bracelets: Various gifts and charity shop finds.

Fake Fabulous | Boho style, embroidered kaftan & Denim cut-offs over 40.

Please let me hear your thoughts on denim cut-offs.
Do you/would you wear them?
If not, why not?

I love hearing from you, so please leave a comment below, or get in touch via my contact page.



SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig