For the imperfect Fashion lover.

The Fab40's | 8 Ways to Wear Boho, in your 40's

Fake fabulous | 8 ways to wear Boho, over 40

 Welcome to the fab 40's.

I am delighted to be part of a group of international bloggers, called The fab 40's.
The purpose of the group is to show how eight, very different, women interpret a specific style.
Each month there is a new theme chosen by one of the group.
This diverse group proves that being 40(+) does not mean you have to be dowdy, frumpy, boring or forgettable.
Fake fabulous | 8 ways to wear Boho, over 40 

Boho

This month the theme was boho.
As someone who often leans towards a boho-feel, this should be easy...
Right?

Well, thankfully, yes.
This boho theme is something I could sink my teeth into!

{I have struggled with the theme in the past}

I had many different options to go for, so it was easy to chose this exceptionally comfortable outfit.
Perfect for travelling, or (in my case) a lazy day.

Fake fabulous | 8 ways to wear Boho, over 40
Today's boho inspired outfit came together very easily for me.

A maxi skirt, easy vest top, open cardigan and fringed scarf.
This simple look was all about comfort...
Which is the whole point of a boho look, in my mind.

A few layered necklaces, some plain (comfortable) sandals and my large fringed bag finished off the boho look perfectly,
Nothing says 'Boho' quite like a fringe!
Fake fabulous | 8 ways to wear Boho, over 40

LET'S SHOP FOR MAXI SKIRTS



BUT... hang on a minute...

Unfortunately, boho is not so easy to pull off, as we get older.

What once looked effortless and cute (in our 20's) starts to look a little bit 'crazy bag lady' as we clock up some milage.

How can we avoid looking like we are an unkempt, eccentric, middle-aged women who lives alone with 20 cats? (sorry cat lovers...20 dogs works too.)

Well, fear not!
I have 7 fabulous ladies here, to show you how it can be done.


Dawn Lucy from Fashion should be fun.

This is Dawn's final month with the fab40's, and I will miss her (and her wardrobe) terribly!
She is celebrating a 'big' birthday, and will be moving on to pastures new.
{I hope she has a Fab50's group in the pipeline... fingers crossed... I will definitely be following if she has, keep an eye on her blog}
I wish her all the best in this new chapter of life.

Dawn is rocking the fringe too, with a simple (and very wearable) look.
Frayed jeans and clogs (which I love), are two more classic boho items.
I would happily wear this tomorrow.
TOP - Free People
JEANS - Old Navy
SHOES - Zigi Soho
BAG - Carlos Santana
JEWELRY - Michal Golan, Salt California, Lucky Brand, & vintage

Sheela from Sheela writes.

Sheela is the queen of killer shoes.
Check out this fierce and fabulous footwear!
She manages to make sky-high shoes look effortless and carefree.
This mix of colours colours is soft and perfect for a boho vibe.
Did I mention those shoes?... 
CARDIGAN & BAG - borrowed from her daughter, Eve.
DRESS (worn as tunic) - Daily Look
JEANS - Forever21
HAT & RINGS - Anthropologie, gifted
BRACELETS - Isabel Marant
SHOES - Amici
Daenel is our guest blogger this month.
Her blog is full of life, thought and positivity.
Her look is super-feminine, but still ready for real life.
And, once again I have shoe envy.
Check out those wedges!
DRESS - Target
SKIRT - Thrifted 
Bracelets & Necklace - Gifted
SHOES: Forever 21

Ann from Kremb de la Kremb

Ann is once again showing off her DIY talents.
She customised this bag, skirt and shoes.
You can find out how, on her blog (click on the links below).
I love how she is putting on her 'fierce' face here.
{You can't fool me Ann! X}

If this does not prove that you can be over 40 and still sexy as hell, I don't know what will!

GLASSES - Beach stall in Boracay
EARRINGS-Amrapali, India
BAG - DIY (one of the most difficult DIYs I've ever attempted!)
TOP-Random boutique in Hong Kong
SKIRT -DIY from charity shop denim skirt
SHOES - DIY

Jennie from A pocketful of polka dots.

Jennie is someone who usually has a masculine twist to her looks but she is 'all woman' here.
The entire look is super-feminine and simply gorgeous.
Floaty, delicate and so simple.
Boho to the max, but not even a little bit 'eccentric'.
This is how it is done.
KIMONO - c/o Cold Water Creek
DRESS - Vivid Collection of NY
Necklace, Bracelets, Sunnies - Charming Charlie
SHOES - Lucky Brand

Diane from Fashion on the fourth floor.

Diane is such an inspiration to many women over 40.
She is super-fit, super-friendly and a generally positive person.
Her style often involves trainers/sneakers (or gutties, here in Scotland) and a toned down vibe... easy to copy in real life.
This look is as effortless, and chic, as boho can get.
With that thrown on, but still incredibly stylish, feel.
I love it.
TOP- T Bags, Los Angeles
JEANS - Express
BAG - Express
RING - The Beadery on Main (yes, my hometown of Stillwater, Oklahoma)
NECKLACES - Urban Outfitters & Free People
SHOES:  Old Navy

Mary from Curlybyrdie Chirps

Mary is someone who always looks elegant and feminine.
I was not at all surprised to see her in a fabulous dress!
This is another simple look (dress, wedges and a tote) but with the pattern and colours it comes alive, and seems so much more.
Those platform wedges look perfect to me.
Height and comfort in one.
DRESS - She In
SHOES - Ralph Lauren 
BAG - Relic
NECKLACE - Jcpenny 

Over to you...

Do you love the Boho look?
Or, is it too unstructured, sloppy and bag-lady-like for you?
What would you have chosen to wear?

Please let me know your thoughts by leaving a comment.
Or tweet me @samantha4blair.
I love hearing from you!

SKIRT: Primark (this one is beautiful and this one is stunning)
BAG: Topshop
TOP: Unknown (similar)
CARDIGAN: h&m (this one is nice)
NECKLACES: Various...check this one out!! nothing like mine but fabulous.
SHOES: Clarks. These are perfect...and a great price.
SCARF: I can't remember! I love this snood.
CUFF: Vintage (this is beautiful)
Fake fabulous | 8 ways to wear Boho, over 40

Inspired? Join in the Boho fun, and get my look...


SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig