For the imperfect Fashion lover.

Should older women be dressing casually?

Fake Fabulous | Should older women dress casually? | Jeans, New balance and layered knits.

Does being an over 40 woman mean I shouldn't be dressing casually anymore?
Should I be hanging up my lifelong friends (Jeans, cardigans, backpacks, trainers) and move on to something more grownup?
Has the time come for a casual outfit to mean smart Jeans, heels and a blazer?

I certainly hope not!

Unfortunately, many casual outfit ideas (aimed at 35+ women) are not my idea of casual at all.
Some of these looks are overdone, and downright frumpy.
I may be a mum but I don't want to look mumsy!

Today I wanted to wear my old (and falling to bits) New Balance trainers.
Not very blog-worthy, surely?
Well, I like to wear all kinds of outfits.
I am a mood dresser after all.
This mood said,
"Chilling with a cuppa, thanks!"

Fake Fabulous | Should older women dress casually? | Jeans, New balance and layered knits.

These trainers are my old favourites.
Battered and bruised, worn and faded.
They have walked many miles with me.
A classic pair.

I could have funked them up a bit (with a skirt) but on some days, only jeans will do.

Fake Fabulous | Should older women dress casually? | Jeans, New balance and layered knits.

I paired this simple duo with a grey jumper (last spotted here, with a neckerchief) and a blue shirt.
A chunky cotton cardigan acted as my jacket, and a cotton scarf helped beat the wind chill (it was cool out of the sun).
My black leather backpack was the obvious choice.
Throw it over your shoulder, and go!

Fake Fabulous | Should older women dress casually? | Jeans, New balance and layered knits.

Being casually dressed does not have to mean sloppy, and unfinished.
Some interesting details make all of the difference.

This cute dog brooch was just the thing I needed to bring some interest.

Fake Fabulous | Should older women dress casually? | Westie dog brooch

Lilac nails (I just can't stop wearing this shade!) and my (slightly creepy) eye ring finished things off perfectly.

SHOP MY LOOK




Fake Fabulous | Should older women dress casually? | Eye ring and lilac nails, details

What do you think about casual dressing, over 40?
Do you think trainers should be left to the teens, or those of us with problem feet?
At what age (if any) do you think trainers should be retired from our wardrobes?

Please let me know your thoughts... I love to read them!

Trainers: New Balance
Jumper: GAP (charity shop)...similar
Shirt: Unbranded (this one is nice)
Nails: Topshop
Ring: Topshop (similar)
Brooch: A gift
Cardigan: Boden (teen section)....this one is an adults!
Leather Bag: Clarks (similar)
SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig