For the imperfect Fashion lover.

Faux Leather Dress, over 40?

Fake Fabulous | Green leather dress, silver boden loafers and black suede tassel Topshop tote | Spring Style

In the spirit of wearing what I want (until the day I drop) I found myself reaching for my leather (look) dress again.
Everything about this dress screams...
"You are wearing that! Over 40?!"
Fake Fabulous | Green leather dress, silver boden loafers and black suede tassel Topshop tote | Spring Style

Well, Yes actually, I am!
Because, you know what?
I like it!

I have previously written about being too old for a leather mini dress and how to wear leather over 40, so leather (real and faux) is no stranger to me.

I like the way it looks.
I like the way it feels.
Leather (real and faux) is so versatile and comes in so many guises.
I am sure there is an item out there for everyone.

Fake Fabulous | Green leather dress, silver boden loafers and black suede tassel Topshop tote | Spring Style

I really wanted to wear this (faux) leather dress again, to show what a useful item it is.
However, we have been enjoying a warmer spell of weather, here in Scotland.
I never complain about the heat (it is such a rare treat) but, warm weather and faux leather are not a pleasant combination.
Wearing faux leather in the heat is quite a sweaty experience.
You can feel like you are wrapped in a plastic bag!
I was (for once) glad for a drop in temperature.

{Real leather is not so much of a sweaty problem, and great in all weathers!}

Fake Fabulous | Green leather dress, silver boden loafers and black suede tassel Topshop tote | Spring Style

I paired the dress with some dark grey tights and silver tassel loafers.
Giving the dress a slightly preppy spin.
These loafers are simple in shape, but different enough (being silver) to stop them being boring.

Fake Fabulous | Green leather dress, silver boden loafers and black suede tassel Topshop tote | Spring Style

A classic fit and flare dress, worn with flat loafers, sounds like such a simple look.
But, when you mix things up using different fabrications (and unexpected colours) your outfit becomes a little more interesting.
Simple shapes, suddenly seem fresh again.

Fake Fabulous | Green leather dress, silver boden loafers and black suede tassel Topshop tote | Spring Style

I had a lot of things to do today, so this large suede (fringed) bag was perfect for lugging around all of the 'stuff' I needed.

A suede bag is a great partner for a leather dress.
Too much leather can look a bit, well...
Too much!

GET THE LOOK




Fake Fabulous | Green Ice Watch and layered leather and hematite bracelets.

I really needed something to add more interest to my look...as if leather, silver and tassels were not enough!
A patterned scarf, stacked bracelets and a chunky necklace finished things off perfectly.

Dress: Luna Allegra (similar this one, in suede, is pretty)
Bag: Topshop (this one is nice, and a little smarter)
Underlayer: M&S 
Necklace: Topshop (this one is lovely)
Scarf: A gift (this one is stunning)
Tights: Levante Airskin 150
Shoes: Boden (Teens)...mine are old. These are similar.

Fake Fabulous | Green leather dress, silver boden loafers and black suede tassel Topshop tote | Spring Style

Do you like simple shapes in unexpected fabrics?
How do you take a simple look and make it your own?
Please share in the comments... I love reading your thoughts and ideas!
Or tweet me @samantha4blair

Linking up to: I will wear what I like (Monday), Visible MondayTurning heads Tuesday The Pleated Poppy (Wednesday), Colour and Grace (Wednesday), Top of the World Style (Thursday), Brilliant blog posts (Thursday), Hat Attack (Friday), Forage Fashion Friday Mummy's got style (Friday), Fun fashion Friday.
SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig