For the imperfect Fashion lover.

I'm not ready to be Frumpy! Breaking colour Rules | Blue & Green

Mixing Blue & Green | Breaking Colour Rules | Fake Fabulous

I'm starting my 2018 posts in earnest this week (Hogmanay recovery over!) and I plan to be breaking a few (more) fashion rules this year.

Last year I was getting a little fed up with being force-fed the 'age appropriate' frump factor.
Companies, brands and media letting me know that now I was in my 40's I should be buying their (frumpy and boring) clothes and stop making a show of myself in brightly coloured items from shops that are 'too young' for me.

Well, for 2018 I'm sticking two fingers up to those boring rules and plan to be mostly wearing MORE colour.
And hopefully being totally inappropriate to boot!

While flashing the flesh leaves me cold (literally!) I still plan to be sporting more unexpected shapes and putting together more interesting colour combinations.

Some outfits might work.
Some may not...
You can be the judge of that!


This year I will be wearing anything that catches my eye... no matter where it's from.
From Topshop to M&S 'Classics', anything goes.

2018 is not only the year of the dog BUT the year of having an (even more) open fashion mind.
Woof woof!

I plan to be re-working old items, scouring more charity shops and checking online for super-duper-bargains.

I also plan to do some more 'Beauty trends for real life' videos... hopefully, a little slicker than my previous rough-around-the-edges videos.
Stay tuned for that!

So, in the spirit of my "Stop telling me what I should be doing!!" attitude, I'm wearing a naughty colour combination today.

Blue and Green.

Plus a little Black and Navy...
Oops.
Bad girl!

Mixing Blue & Green | Breaking Colour Rules | Fake Fabulous

This is a simple and comfortable work outfit that is also fun to wear.
A few cheeky touches make all the difference.
Check out these socks!

Mixing Blue & Green | Breaking Colour Rules | Fake Fabulous

These Navy trousers are really old now but were such a great buy.
Top notch quality, wash well and very comfortable!
I'm pairing them with a patterned blouse that has a pretty pussy bow detail.
Unfortunately, the bow seemed lacking in oomph today.

{See this blouse styled in a different way...
With black dungarees HERE and with a cobalt coat and pattern clashing HERE.}

A simple way to add more impact to a limp bow is to layer another scarf with it.
Any fine silk (or silky) scarf will work perfectly.

Mixing Blue & Green | Breaking Colour Rules | Fake Fabulous

Layers were essential today!

{Stepping outside without my coat for these photos was awful.
I was SO cold and kept saying to my husband.... "1, 2, 3 ...fake warm face!"}

Adding a couple of thermal base layers and a colourful polo-neck kept me cosy (indoors).
A classic bag and a pair of pretty earrings finished things off nicely.
Workwear doesn't need to be dull.

What are your (fashion) plans for 2018?
A style revamp?
Being braver and bolder?
Shopping less and restyling more?

Please let me know by leaving a comment, I love hearing from you!

NAVY TROUSERS: ME&EM
BLOUSE: Charity shopped (Zara, I think??)... similar.
GREEN POLO-NECK: c/o Kettlewell... similar.
EYE SOCKS: c/o Zohara
BLUE BOOTS: Zara... similar.
NAVY BAG: c/o Lotus
GREEN BANGLE: Topshop
SILK SCARF: A gift from a friend... try this one.


Mixing Blue & Green | Breaking Colour Rules | Fake Fabulous

Yes, we are still allowed to have fun with fashion in our 40's and beyond.
Make 2018 the year of being true to YOU.

GET THE LOOK



SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig