For the imperfect Fashion lover.

FIRE & ICE | Red Hot Tones on a Frosty Day

Fire & Ice | Layering warm tones, orange, red and pink | Fake Fabulous

Baby, it's cold outside... or (much more likely to come out of my mouth) "Ye Gawds it's Baltic!"
I love crisp and sunny winter days.
The light is SO beautiful.

With the cold crispness comes the urge to wear roasty-toasty clothes but I don't always want to look (and feel) bulky or 'wrapped up'.

For me, the best way to get a warm feeling is to mix some traditionally HOT colours together.
Reds, Pinks and Oranges are perfect.

This outfit is all about the "fiyah"🔥 ... and the secret thermal layers!!

Fire & Ice | Layering warm tones, orange, red and pink | Fake Fabulous

Despite this (relatively) thin blazer, I am as snug as a bug in a rug in this outfit thanks to my under-layers that are giving the illusion of a much lighter look.

I'm wearing wool socks under my tights plus a culotte slip and an extra thermal base layer under my polo-neck and jumpsuit.
Plus... two pairs of gloves!

A silk scarf at your neck is surprisingly warm, especially when paired with a pure wool wrap.
Layering scarves can add more interest, colour and texture to a look.

You may think all of these layers make trips to the bathroom a three-act play?
But this jumpsuit is a simple slip design and is easy to take down.
Bathroom trips are as easy as pie as my thermal layers are in two simple sections.
No fiddling around with zips and buttons on the jumpsuit either (who has time for that?).
The only thing to remember is to smooth things down when tucking in.
Bumpy bits aren't a good look!

Fire & Ice | Layering warm tones, orange, red and pink | Fake Fabulous

I did think about wearing my burgundy buckle boots from THIS POST.
They would have worked well but sometimes a little leopard is what we need, isn't it?

What colours are floating your boat this week?
Please let me know in the comments (or drop me an email)... I'd love to try them too!


ORANGE JUMPSUIT: Topshop (from eBay)
PINK GLOVES: John Lewis (a gift)
LEOPARD BELT: Boden
RED POLO-NECK: Redoute
BAG: Lango (Charity shopped)
LEOPARD BOOTS: Miss KG
BURGUNDY WOOL SCARF: Moschino
TIGHTS: Gipsy
LIPSTICK: Mac
PINK SCARF: Charity shop

Fire & Ice | Layering warm tones, orange, red and pink | Fake Fabulous

SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig