For the imperfect Fashion lover.

5 Inspiring (and Thought Provoking) Links


1. How to Spot the Difference Between Real and Fake Fur.

I know it's hardly "breaking news" but, after the recent (appalling) reports about many big brands with no fur policies using real fur under the guise of "Fake"... see this news report from April about the use of real fur by big brands I was keen to share with you something that might help give you the confidence to spot the fake-Fakes.

Apart from the obvious avoidance of the "Made in China" under £30 labelled products THIS article offers a simple guide as to how to tell if your faux fur is actually a fox, mink, racoon dog or even cat.

A horrible thought if you consider the animals are often skinned alive to obtain the pelt.
Whatever your thoughts on meat eating, leather wearing and use of animal-derived products, no one wants to be responsible (and we ARE responsible, as consumers) for such barbaric treatment of any creature.

2. The BUY NOTHING Makeup Tutorial. 

Lisa Eldridge is one of my favourite bloggers.
She is uber-famous, super-successful, makes up the stars and attends fabulous events on a regular basis.
She has millions of youtube follows and could be making a mint from advertising.
However, she never used to have any adverts until recently.
Has she sold out?
Nope.
She donates her advertising revenue to Plan International, helping girls that need it.
This particular post really appealed to me as she is talking about using what you have.
Is it time to take a break from the consumer wheel?
I think so.

Read Lisa's fab Blog HERE.

3. Black Holes make my Head Hurt.

I love science.... especially anything to do with space.
And I want to "Get it" ... so badly.
I know I'm not stupid.
I know I understand (a little) maths and physics.
BUT...
I'm not going to lie, black holes (or, as I should say, the effects of black holes) make my head hurt.

{Reasurringly, a friend recently said to me... "Anyone who says they understand black holes is an idiot. Even the best astrophysicists are still working on it!"}

They are a complex paradox and the more I read the more confused and bewildered I become.
I LOVE that feeling.

Things that make us really truly THINK (and I mean properly think) are SO good for us.
Maybe black holes leave you cold but whatever stretches your mind, and floats your boat, find out more about it.
It feels good to be out of your depth from time to time.

Read an "idiots" guide to black holes HERE.... and get achy brain with me!

Or Dig deeper HERE.... ouch, even my hair follicles hurt! ðŸŒƒ


4. People are Amazing.

With all of the negativity, hatred and pessimism on the internet just now, this video reminded me that people can be amazing!
I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Oh.... and Finally...


5. The Best London Shoe Designers... to Know NOW!

As a shoe lover (ahem...obsessive maybe?) I'm always open to some new foot hugging inspiration.
Especially if it comes with a cool London vibe (I can't help myself).
Look at these ankle boots...swoon.
Find more inspiration by clicking HERE.

What makes YOUR brain ache?
I'd love to hear about it!
SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig