For the imperfect Fashion lover.

What happened to the colour? | Black maxi and Denim


Fake Fabulous | Black ME&EM maxi dress, Boden denim jacket, leopard bag

I am beginning to wonder what is going on with my style choices these days!
Recently, my outfits seem to be much less colourful, and much more muted.
Is it because the world seems to have woken up, and nature is providing me with all of the colour I need?
Or, is this style-shift a response to my current mood?
A phase.
GET THE LOOK


Fake Fabulous | Black ME&EM maxi dress, Boden denim jacket, leopard bag

Today I found myself reaching for a long neglected item in my wardrobe.
This plain, long sleeved, black maxi dress.
Some might say... a staple.
Classic.
Versatile.

Others might think...
Plain.
Boring.
Ooops, I nodded off for a moment.

Fake Fabulous | Black ME&EM maxi dress, Boden denim jacket, leopard bag

Then, I surprised myself even more!
I did not reach for my trusted 'outfit lifters', like bright shoes, colourful tights or a bold and vibrant necklace.
None of these things left my wardrobe.

I chose only: a simple denim jacket, muted scarf and plain jewellery.
The only pop of fun came from my leopard-face bag.
No crazy colours, no short hemlines, no bold lip colours.
Just a simple look.

Dress: ME&EM (this seasons)
Jacket: Boden (old...this one is nice, from the teen section but the sizes are generous and it is cheaper than the adult version, with cuter details too!)
Shoes: New Look (old) These are very cool!
Bag: Won at a fair. This one is loads of fun and on sale.
Bangles and earrings: Old.
Scarf: A gift (this one is stunning!)
Nails: Mavala

Fake Fabulous | Black ME&EM maxi dress, Boden denim jacket, leopard bag

I could try and explain this style-shift, by blaming the current cold snap we are experiencing here, in Scotland?
{We had hailstones, and snow, yesterday}

But, I suspect it is just a mood.
A black maxi mood.

Covering everything.
Concealing secret layers (Did I mention the snow?!)
Comforting.
Like venturing out in a cosy blanket.

Who knows where our style-moods will take us, if we let them!


Do you dress according to your mood?
What about plain maxi dresses, are they versatile and classic? Or, a little boring?
Please let me know your thoughts in the comments...or tweet me @samantha4blair

Linking up to: I will wear what I like (Monday), Visible MondayTurning heads Tuesday The Pleated Poppy (Wednesday), Colour and Grace (Wednesday), Top of the World Style (Thursday), Brilliant blog posts (Thursday), Hat Attack (Friday), Forage Fashion Friday Mummy's got style (Friday), Fun fashion FridayStyle story (Saturday)
SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig