For the imperfect Fashion lover.

Simple Work Outfit.

Fake Fabulous | Navy Cropped ME&EM Trousers, Grey Gap Jumper & Seasalt Neckerchief

Neckerchiefs may be in style (a micro trend, apparently), but they are undeniably tricky to wear.
They can make the neck look short, and thick.
And, they can accentuate a turkey neck, or double chin.
Not a great prospect for anyone, especially over 40!

My husband tells me that neckerchiefs remind him of air-hostesses.
{Although, I don't think this is a bad thing in his book!}

Unfortunately, I always think of cowboys (or boy scouts) when I think of neckerchiefs.
Not a very glamorous association.
Yee-haw!
Dyb dyb dyb.

If you are struggling to see past the boy scout (or the cowboy) you could wear your neckerchief through the belt loops of your jeans, or tied to your handbag, for a less formal look.

I have also seen them worn around the head, or the wrist, if that is your thing.

Otherwise, there are plenty of youtube tutorials and videos showing you how to tie your neckerchief around your neck!

Fake Fabulous | Navy Cropped Trousers, Grey Jumper & Neckerchief

My neckerchief was acting as an extra layer of warmth today.
{The are surprisingly cosy for such a small piece of fabric.}

Despite the chill in the air, I decided to get my ankles (and toes) out.
It is supposed to be spring, after all!

I did slip on a pair of grey lurex socks later in the day. It was pretty cold out of the sun.

The mercury was hardly rising above the 7 degrees mark, so I paired these sandals with wool trousers and a cosy jumper (plus my secret thermal layers).
The trousers may be cropped, but they and the jumper are both wool, and with a little help from my secret layers, kept me cosy.

{Don't be fooled by the sun, the wind was biting and I was really shivering with my coat off}

A simple bangle and my patent grey bag finished things off perfectly.

Are you a fan of the neckerchief?
How do you wear yours?

Please let me know in the comments, or tweet me @samantha4blair

Trousers: ME&EM
Jumper: Gap (found in a charity shop) This one is lovely.
Shoes: All Saints (these are stunning!) These are cool.
Bag: Dune (similar)
Neckerchief: Seasalt
Bangle: Charity shop (this one is nice)

Shop my look:



Fake Fabulous | Navy Cropped Trousers, Grey Jumper & Neckerchief

Let's go shopping for neckerchiefs!


SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig