For the imperfect Fashion lover.

Wearing One Colour | Long Earrings and a Mini Bag.

Fake Fabulous | Grey embroidered tunic, long earrings and a white mini bag.

Head to toe in grey?

Sounds boring, frumpy and a bit yawn inducing, right?
Grey (and Beige) are colours that many people associate with getting "old'.
Colours we resort to when have given up on style.
Or, we are giving up on life in general!

But, grey does not have to be dull.
like grey, and I am definitely not giving up on life just yet!


 GET THE LOOK



Fake Fabulous | Grey embroidered tunic, long earrings and a white mini bag.

This multi tonal, grey outfit started with these shoes.

I LOVE these shoes.

I know I say that a lot (about a lot of different shoes) but these really are just fab!
High enough.
Distinctive enough.
Interesting enough.
And, superbly comfortable.
A joy to wear!

I found them on Ebay, for less than the price of a lunch.
However, to be honest, I would have happily paid full price for them.
My bargain just makes them just a little sweeter on the feet!

Fake Fabulous | Allsaints Grey buckle sandals

Fake Fabulous | Allsaints Grey buckle sandals

My grey skinnies came out (again).

{See them here with a similar dress-over-trousers look}

I paired them with a voluminous tunic.
This embroidered top was an impulse buy.
Luckily, it was only a couple of pounds from a charity shop.
I was drawn to the quality of the fabric, but I immediately thought,
"That style is not really me."
However, as I keep saying, it is important to try new things in order to stop ourselves getting stuck in a rut.
So I bought it, and surprised myself with how much I like it!

The day was not exactly warm, so I popped this grey kimono-style cardigan over the top, adding more volume and texture.

My mini white bag and a pair of long earrings finished things off perfectly.
Fake Fabulous | Grey embroidered tunic, long earrings and a white mini bag.

Mini bags look so adorable but, let's face it, they are pretty useless.
This one can only take my (small) coin purse, a tissue and a lip balm.
My phone is a bit of a squeeze.
I needed a larger bag, too, for all of my work essentials (like snacks!).

Fake Fabulous | Grey embroidered tunic and a white mini bag.

5 easy ways to wear the same colour head to toe:


  1. If in doubt, pick a neutral. Great "easy" colours are taupe, beige, blush, cream, ivory, white and grey!
  2. Mix your tints and shades. Lighter and darker versions of your chosen colour will work well together. Mixing tones works beautifully too.
  3. Play with texture. Mix your fabrics. Try mixing wool, silk and leather. Or Suede, denim and chiffon.
  4. Get your layers on. Layering pieces will give the look purpose, and make more of a statement.
  5. Go Pop! Break the look up (subtly or not) with a touch of another colour. I used white/cream here.

Have fun!

{See this all-red outfit and this one mixed with pinks}

Fake Fabulous | Grey embroidered tunic, long earrings and a white mini bag.

Shoes: All Saints
Jeans: Forever21 (these are cool)
Smock top: Darling (this one is nice)
Cardigan: Pullover (this one is similar)
Bag: Savoy (this one is gorgeous!)
Earrings: (very) Old

How do you feel about Beige and Grey?

What about Mini-bags?
Fun or useless?

Please share your thoughts in the comments.
Or tweet me @samantha4blair


LET'S SHOP FOR SHOES!

SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig