For the imperfect Fashion lover.

Evening Wear in the Daytime | Silk Mini Dress for Work, over 40.

Fake Fabulous | Evening wear as daywear | Silk dress & Cashmere cardigan | Purple & green.

Spring, in Scotland, is unpredictable weather-wise.
One minute legs are bare, and the sun shines.
The next, the rain is back with a vengeance.

{You can see the rain falling in these photographs, and this was a dry moment!}

This wet weather keeps the grass green, and us on our style-toes!

Fake Fabulous | Evening wear as daywear | Silk dress & Cashmere cardigan | Purple & green.

There was a definite chill in the air, so bare legs (or any bare skin for that matter) was a big no-no!
Layers and warmth were what I needed.

A palette of rich tones may not be very spring-like (or fashion forward) but they were perfect for such a dull (and wet) day.

This dress was a charity shop find.
The colours caught my eye, at first.
Then I was delighted to find that the dress was silk, with a deep V back.
Pretty (and sexy) when worn alone.
Perfect for a party or evening event.

Unfortunately, parties and evening events are pretty thin on the ground for me!
So, if I want to get more practical use out of a dress like this, I need to be inventive.

When a dress is as comfortable as this one, it is surprisingly easy to make it daytime appropriate.

Today, I popped on a thermal base layer and a cashmere cardigan.
Warm opaque tights, and my chunky brogues, helped keep my legs warm and my feet dry.

Adding a studded belt held all of my layers together, and helped me feel even cosier.
chunky necklace, and a large bag finished things of nicely.

{See my bag, here, with some tailored shorts}

Cosy, comfortable and colourful.
The tones of this outfit have an autumnal in feel to them, but the weather was so dull that I think I got away with it!

What do you do when the weather lets you down?
Do you dress for spring, and suck it up?
Or do you give in, and pile on those layers again?

Please let me know in the comments.
Or tweet me @samantha4blair
Fake Fabulous | Evening wear as daywear | Silk dress & Cashmere cardigan | Purple & green.

Dress: Warehouse (found in a charity shop)....similar
Cardigan: Boden Cashmere (old)..this seasons.
Tights: Charnos (similar)
Bag: Chaps (similar)
Necklace: H&M (this one is nice and 2/3 off!)
Belt: Tkmaxx (similar)
Shoes: Clarks (these are nice)
Lipstick: MAC
Blusher: Bobbi Brown (I used tawny)

Get my look:



SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig