For the imperfect Fashion lover.

Mixing Pastels, SS16 | Lilac, Aqua, Green and Pink.

Fake Fabulous | Mixing pastels, lilac, aqua, pink, green | SS16

Dreaming of sunny days.


I am not going to bore you with tales of my local weather woes.
But, suffice to say, my blog photos have been put on hold and I am wearing a chunky knitted dress as I type.

{In fact, this is a very similar look!}

Fake Fabulous | Mixing pastels, lilac, aqua, pink, green | SS16

I thought I would share with you an outfit I wore at the end of March, when we had a couple of warm(ish) days.

The sun was shining and there was a definite optimistic spring-like feel to the day.
I actually had bare legs here!

Fake Fabulous | Mixing pastels, lilac, aqua, pink, green | SS16

This look was all about this colourful little dress.
I suppose that some people might argue that (as a 40+ woman) I should perhaps consider wearing this dress as a tunic?
For the sake of decency.

Well, I am not adverse to the dress over trousers look.
In fact I am quite a fan.

{See this outfit I wore to a wedding, and this more casual DOT look}

And, today, I would have had to pair this dress with some jeans and boots...as well a a thicker cardigan.

However, the sun was actually quite warm here, and I was getting my legs out for the first time in months.
It felt good to feel the sun on my blue-tinged skin.

{I used a little self tanner on my pins here, otherwise I would have dazzled you!}

Fake Fabulous | Mixing pastels, lilac, aqua, pink, green | SS16

The day was still cool (especially out of the sun) so I popped on a thermal layer under the dress and a cotton cardigan over the top.
I have worn this cardigan a lot over the past few weeks.
So much for someone who claims not to like lilac!

It is quite unusual for me to go so girly, but I could not resist a couple of delicate necklaces.

I brought my outfit back down to earth again, with these casual booties.
They have a small chunky heel, and are not at all delicate or feminine.
Grounding this ice cream parlour sweetness, just a little.
Heels, or delicate shoes, would have been a step too far.

{See these shoes, styled here, last summer}

A green tote, dark toes and a chunky cuff toned things down even more.

Fake Fabulous | Mixing pastels, lilac, aqua, pink, green | SS16

Are you a fan of pastels?
Do you have any favourites?
How do you style yours?

Please share in the comments, or tweet me @samantha4blair


Fake Fabulous

Dress: Charlie Jade (similar in pinks)
Shoes: Clarks (I love these and they come in pewter, black and white)
Cardigan: COS (this one is nice)
Thermal undertop: M&S 
Belt: Boden (this one is nice)
Necklaces: Old and vintage
Cuff: Topshop
Bag: Ospray (this one is gorgeous!)
Glasses: Primark (these are nice)

If you like this lilac(ish) post, you might also like...

4 reasons to try new things
Trying New colours 

Get my look:



SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig