For the imperfect Fashion lover.

Don't Go Shopping! Trendy Autumn Outfit Idea

Cobalt Blue Long Coat, Burgundy Wool Dress | Autumn Outfit | Fake Fabulous

With every new season comes the usual designer must-haves.
Every brand is trying to convince us that our current wardrobes are outdated.
We're in danger of looking old-fashioned and frumpy unless we spend money NOW!

Their ad campaigns are full of the latest must-buys, must-haves and can-not-live-withouts.
Get them immediately or miss out.
Spend spend spend or simply give up on looking good.

Cobalt Blue Long Coat, Burgundy Wool Dress | Autumn Outfit | Fake Fabulous

As much as I love looking at the new clothes from the latest collections I find it much more fun to try and re-create the trends myself.
It's pretty easy to use your own collection of pieces to construct an on-trend look.

We're all well aware that most new trends are not new at all.
They're just re-jigged old trends that we've seen before.

As we all clock up more mileage we increase our chances of already having the latest trends lurking in our wardrobes from back in the day.
Most of the time a few tweaks is all we need to make an old friend look and feel current.

So, as I was flicking through a few glossy magazines admiring the 'NEW' seasons key trends I realised that I already own the latest pieces.
No need to shop at all.

Guess what's even more satisfying?

My pieces were a fraction of the price of new buys.
{This coat cost me less than a cup of coffee}

AND, the quality of these old items is far superior to anything I could afford from new collections.
Even poorly made pieces cost a packet.

So today I'm recreating a trendy autumnal bold colour-blocking outfit using old pieces that never let me down!

Mixing rich tones is big news just now so instead of flexing your credit card why not have a rummage through your wardrobe?
{or a friend's?}

Do you have any bold coloured pieces with minimalistic lines and simple cuts?
I bet you do!

Take inspiration from some of the interesting colour combinations in the magazines (and ads) and make the trend your own.

If you're missing a key item, or you want to try an unusual colour combination, try looking at discount websites or visit your local charity shop.
The is always a surprise (or two) to be found!

Cobalt Blue Long Coat, Burgundy Wool Dress | Autumn Outfit | Fake Fabulous

Mixing this cobalt coat with a burgundy dress makes for a rich and vibrant look that feels very autumnal and cosy.
I'm wearing a knitted dress and plenty of thermal layers to keep out the chills.
Although this wool coat is surprisingly warm... despite being pretty lightweight.

Cobalt Blue Long Coat, Burgundy Wool Dress | Autumn Outfit | Fake Fabulous

I tried to stick to burgundy for all the pieces under my coat.
A thermal roll-neck.
Knitted dress.
Tights.
Boots.

Adding a navy bag to ground the colours whilst picking out the subtle navy thread running through my dress.

A burgundy lipstick (and my lips brooch) finished things off the way I like it.
Just enough fun without looking like a comedy turn!
Outfits need to be practical but shouldn't take themselves too seriously should they?

WOOL COAT: Vintage... bought on eBay for a couple of pounds... yep! Bargaintastic.
DRESS: Charity Shopped (old)
THERMALS: M&S (old)
TIGHTS: Gipsy (old)
BOOTS: Redoute (old)
BAG: c/o Lotus (past seasons)
BROOCH: H&M (I think)... old too!
GLOVES: old (again!)
LIPSTICK: NYX

Please let me know what colour combinations you're trying this Autumn and if you've got any 'trendy' pieces lurking in your wardrobe?
I'd love to hear what you're going to be wearing!

MORE BLUE COATS YOU MIGHT LIKE...



SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig