For the imperfect Fashion lover.

Winter Outfit Idea | Checked Coat and Gents Trousers

Checked Coat & Wool Trousers | Winter Style | Fake Fabulous

I love an androgynous look.
Men's shirts and suit trousers.
Brogues and tough looking boots.
I even enjoy wearing a tie from time to time!

Checked Coat & Wool Trousers | Winter Style | Fake Fabulous

Today I'm wearing one of winter's BIG trends... the checked coat.

Although the fact this is being touted as a trend makes me laugh!
Anyone over the age of 15 knows that checked coats are no more a 'New Trend' than white shirts.
Checked coats have been around for (what feels like) forever.

A smart checked coat is so easy to style and can be worn with anything from a dress to a pair of jeans.
Checks also look great clashed with other patterns such as leopard, stripes, spots or florals.
Checked coats are chic and definitely here to stay!

Checked Coat & Wool Trousers | Winter Style | Fake Fabulous

Today I'm wearing a fab checked coat that I picked up in Asda, of all places.
It's amazing what you can find when you're buying your veggies!

To be honest with you, I didn't have high hopes for this coat as is was from a supermarket.
However, I was so surprised with how great it is... and such a bargain price.

Granted, I'll need to layer up with a down-filled gilet when the temperature drops BUT it's just as good a quality as most of the high street coats I've looked at.
(Some at 5-10X the price!)

BTW... in case you're wondering Asda are NOT sponsoring me, nor did they send me this coat. 
I just like to share a good buy!

Checked Coat & Wool Trousers | Winter Style | Fake Fabulous

I wanted to wear some masculine-looking trousers and a simple roll neck with this coat to keep things simple.
Adding trainers finished this outfit off casually and comfortably

Do you own a checked coat?
Is yours a new purchase or donkey's years old?
I'd love to hear about it!

MORE CHECKED COATS YOU MIGHT LIKE..




COAT: Asda
ROLL-NECK: Matalan
NECKLACE: A gift
WOOL TROUSERS & LEATHER BAG: Charity shopped
LEATHER TRAINERS: Puma
SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig