For the imperfect Fashion lover.

How to Wear a Red Dress | Smart-Casual 70's Style.

How to wear a red dress | Smart-casual 70's style | Fake Fabulous

I love a red dress.
Not just for party-time impact but for everyday wear too.

{Find out why I prefer a red dress to a black one HERE}

Red is a powerful colour, that packs a real punch, giving you the confidence to stride out and face the day.
Red is my go-to colour when I'm not sure what to wear.
You know the famous phrase, don't you?


"If in doubt, wear red!"

How to wear a red dress | Smart-casual 70's style | Fake Fabulous

Today I'm wearing a dress from one of my favourite brands Alie Street, and I'm SO comfortable it feels like I'm cheating a real outfit!
There is nothing digging in, squeezing or pulling... this is what every outfit should feel like.

{Notice my well-behaved photobomber?}

How to wear a red dress | Smart-casual 70's style | Fake Fabulous

I'm layered up to the max here but there is very little bulk because the layers are fine gauge and very carefully tucked in!

I've got a thermal base layer and leggings underneath this dress.
(It was 2 degrees in this photo)
I'm also wearing a grey polo-neck top and long wool socks under my boots.

The realistic requirements of dressing for autumn in Scotland (layers, thermals, waterproofs) can be just as nice to wear as skipping about with bare skin.
I love a secret layer, or two!

I also love mixing warm and cool tones together and often do this in my outfits, it just seems to work well, adding interest to any look.

Do you love a red dress?
How would you style this one?
I'd love to know the colours you would choose to complete a look you'd feel good in!
How to wear a red dress | Smart-casual 70's style | Fake Fabulous

DRESS: c/o Alie Street 
BELT: Topshop (old)
BOOTS: Duo (old)
BAG: Chaps (from eBay)
POLO-NECK: M&S (old)
NECKLACE: a gift
GLASSES: Not sure wear from..(old)

More RED DRESS OUTFITS you might like:

 SHOP RED DRESSES


SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig