For the imperfect Fashion lover.

Messages in Metal | Christmas Gift Ideas

Messages in Metal Name Necklace | Fake Fabulous

Yep... I've used the C-word.
Sorry if you're easily offended... BUT it's on its way people!

So, If you've clicked on this post looking for the truth behind secret satanic messages in heavy metal music then you may be disappointed.
However, I've you're looking for a great gift idea then you're in the right place!

First I need to give you the reasons and the background to this post...

Messages in Metal Name Necklace | Fake Fabulous

As a blogger, I often get offers from companies wanting to send me jewellery.
To be honest with you, most of it is rubbish.
Some aren't, but more often than not the items are not my style.

(I'm not a fan of delicate little bits of jewellery or 'sets' {shudder})

However, I am a fan of name necklaces.
I know they are tongue-in-cheek and definitely on the twee side of chic but I really like the look.

Ever since the gorgeous Carrie Bradshaw (from the iconic Sex and the City) wore hers, I have admired them and love the irony of the style.

Name necklaces are one of those things that are so naff they're cool!

Unfortunately, any name necklaces I have looked at can't give me enough letters for the name of my blog.
I want a "Fake Fabulous" necklace and no one seems to be able to manage it.

FakeFabulo just won't cut the mustard!

Until now.

Messages in Metal Name Necklace | Fake Fabulous

When Messages in Metal first got in touch I initially thought...

"Oh dear, here we go again!"

I always make the effort to have a look at the products the brand is offering (unless it's obvious China-spam) so I had a rummage around their website.

I must admit that some of their products are not my personal style BUT I can see how they would appeal to loads of people, and make great gifts for loved ones.
Perfect gift ideas!

The name necklaces caught my eye immediately and I decided to challenge them to see if they could give me what I wanted.
What could Messages in Metal do for me as a customer?

Were they all talk and no trousers?

Well, I'm not ashamed to admit that I was a bit of a demanding diva (all in the name of research of course!).

I wanted a LONG name (12 characters) and I wanted some colour incorporated into the design of my necklace.

Could they do it?

I was so pleasantly surprised how accommodating they were.
The customer service I received was excellent (it's getting rarer and rarer these days) and they happily made my diva demands a reality!

They make the necklaces to order (and ship from the US) but it still took no time at all to arrive.
My parcel came and I was like...

"Eh? How did they do that?"

Messages in Metal Name Necklace | Fake Fabulous

So, to cut my waffle short...here's the truth of the matter:

  • My necklace has enough characters! Whoop whoop!
  • They'll happily make your necklace to say whatever you want... names or something else!
  • They accommodated my divaesque demands for colour without a hint of it being a problem
  • The quality is lovely and they're budget-friendly.
  • My parcel took no time at all to arrive.... from the US!!


So, all in all, I'm pretty chuffed with my FakeFabulous necklace!

What would your necklace say?
Would it be your name?
A nickname?
Your Blog name?
Or, something cheeky?
I'd love to know!

NECKLACE: c/o Messages in Metal
SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig