For the imperfect Fashion lover.

50 Shades of ... Black and Grey!

50 Shades of... Black | Leather and Leopard Autumn Outfit

Okay ... so this outfit is not exactly 50 shades of anything, but most of the pieces in this outfit are supposed to be black and they all look so different.

Different 'blacks' have the potential to look odd when put together, but if you mix up the textures it can work really well.
Today I'm mixing wool (although this is definitely grey!!), leather (the blackest item) and a silky fabric to create a slightly retro-feeling look.

50 Shades of... Black | Leather and Leopard Autumn Outfit

I was kindly gifted this vest top by the brand We Become.
It is designed to be worn as underwear and supposed to regulate the body during those annoying menopausal hot flushes (or flashes).
A clever idea.

I can't really comment on the hot flushes (I'm back in sync again... for now!) BUT it did work well wicking sweat during my strenuous combat class at the gym and I put it through its paces to climb a local hill, Dumyat.
I've also slept in it and didn't get that sweaty decolletage that I often experience at night.
{Is that just me??}

It also looks great worn as a little shell top as it is so well finished.
Simple and chic.

Perfect with a vintage leather skirt!

50 Shades of... Black | Leather and Leopard Autumn Outfit

Leather can look quite vampy.
It certainly has the potential to look a bit too SEXY.
If you'd rather your leather looked fun, try adding a pair of opaque tights (which I thought were black but look more taupe/grey!) and neutral flat boots (or a loafer/brogue/flat shoe).

I have (of course) ignored my own advice today and worn a chunky heeled leopard boot.
A little bit cheeky.
Oopsy... not sorry!

Dial it up or down... fashion and personal style is your call after all!

50 Shades of... Black | Leather and Leopard Autumn Outfit

TOP: c/o Become... also available in a nude colour.
SKIRT: Vintage ... try this!
TIGHTS: Levante
BOOTS: Miss KG... try these.
BAG: Hidesign... this is cute!!
CARDIGAN: Vintage
SCARF: Borrowed... don't tell my daughter!

GET THE LOOK


SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig