For the imperfect Fashion lover.

Yes, it's a Cropped Top over 40! Light Relief at the #fakeittilyoumakeit LINK UP

Denim A-line Skirt, Cropped linen top & tan sandals | Fake Fabulous

Cropped tops over 40?

Some say "No".
I say...

YES!
(No surprise there.)

Denim A-line Skirt, Cropped linen top & tan sandals | Fake Fabulous

Cropped tops might sound scary but, if your midriff is in decent nick then why not?
Your tummy doesn't need to be perfect, just passable.

Mine is far from perfect but I'm not worried.
I wore a pink velvet cropped top to my Hogmanay party this year and loved baring my midriff!
It felt very liberating.

I've talked about cropped tops over 40 before but, as I'm moving further into my 40's I care less about what people might think and more about what makes me happy!
That's one of the best things about getting older, isn't it?

Denim A-line Skirt, Cropped linen top & tan sandals | Fake Fabulous

Today I'm wearing a cropped linen top that feels like summer!
Although I must admit that was a little chilly with my jacket off.

We've been promised a heatwave next week (so the weatherman tells me!), fingers crossed it comes to fruition.
I'm getting fed up feeling cold.
My skin needs some sunshine.

{BTW... As far as Heatwaves go this one is going to be pretty tame but 20 degrees is positively ROASTING compared to today!}

This cropped top turned out to be the perfect partner for an old skirt of mine.
An A-line denim number.
Classic, grown-up, sensible and lady-like.
(Aka, bordering on frumpy!)

A skirt like this could go either way, luckily it was saved by this fun top.
Phew.

I was determined to wear my new sandals (what is it with this time of year and compulsive sandal shopping??).
The platform sole makes them warmer than a flatter-soled sandal but I did have to change into my frilly gutties as the day went on.
My toes were going blue!

Denim A-line Skirt, Cropped linen top & tan sandals | Fake Fabulous

I must admit that cropped tops are not for everyone, and can seem intimidating.
However, if you wear a longer version that meets the waistband of your bottom half then they become surprisingly easy to wear.

There's no need for low slung hipster jeans and bralettes... although, if you have killer abs, why not!?!

Fashion is supposed to be fun and, in the current political and economic climate, we need all the light relief we can get.
If you want to crop it high and flash a little flesh then go for it!

CROPPED TOP: Zara (Charity shopped)... try this one.
DENIM SKIRT: Boden (old)... similar
TAN SANDALS: Clarks
SILK SCARF: Old
EARRINGS: Old
LIPSTICK: Mac Pink Nouveau

GET THE LOOK



Last week the lovely Maria was dressing for a Mexican lunch date and the colour of her beautiful blouse really caught my eye.
What a rich and flattering shade!
Stunning.
Check out original post HERE.

The link-up is going live a day early because I'm incredibly busy this week and I was worried I wouldn't get everything done.

Please link up as many fun and lighthearted posts/images as you can.
I'd love to see as much positivity as possible this week.
I feel that we all need it!

Now it's over to you...


SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig