For the imperfect Fashion lover.

What's Wrong with Dungarees and Short Hair?

Dungarees and Short Hair, over 40 | Fake Fabulous

I'm not ashamed to admit that I've been living in my dungarees over the past few days.
They're the perfect 'loungewear' but still cool enough to be seen out in public.

{Unlike those awful saggy joggers that are lurking in some of our wardrobes... you know what I'm talking about!}


I love this particular pair of dungarees.
The shape feels perfect, and the fabric is just right.

They're skinny-enough, without feeling tight, and the denim is just soft enough, without looking sloppy.

I also have a black pair, that are equally loved!
They're a stiffer-denim, and less suited to sofa-surfing, but they look smarter and dress up really easily.
{Well, as smart and dressy as a pair of dungarees can be!}

See my black dungarees styled with a Chanel-inspired jacket HERE.
See these blue dungarees with florals, HERE.

(You can find more dungaree looks HERE... and a dungaree-style dress HERE.)

You can even Find out if grown-up women should be wearing dungarees HERE.

Dungarees and Short Hair, over 40 | Fake Fabulous

Dungarees have a bit of a bad reputation though, don't they?

Depending on where you live will depend on what stereotype is associated with dungarees.
None them are particularly flattering.
Stereotypes never are!

I was accused of looking...

"Too masculine, what with your hair and all."

Which was water off a duck's back to me, but it did get me thinking about short hair and how it can feel intimidating for some people.

(My hair's gone a bit wild in the wind here, which I also quite like!)

Dungarees, Stripes, Hoops, Fishnet and Short Hair, over 40 | Fake Fabulous

Personally, I LOVE short hair.
Short hair is super easy to keep.
Washing and styling (Ha! What styling?) is a doddle.
Yes, you need to visit the hairdresser more often but if you colour your hair you need to go anyway so what's the difference?

In my opinion, short hair (almost) always looks cool and edgy.
Short hair is great in summer and perfect for the gym.
Short hair never gets in your way.

I think other women with short hair look in control of their lives, confident about who they are and pretty damn sassy!
I always admire cool short haircuts on other women.

Short hair is also a great way to fake all of these great attributes, even if you don't actually possess them.
No one will know you're bluffing!

Dungarees, Stripes, Hoops, Fishnet and Short Hair, over 40 | Fake Fabulous

Now, of course, some people will always think short hair isn't feminine and that's their choice.
However, unless I specifically ask someone...

 "What do you think of my hair?"

I'm not really interested in their opinion.
It sounds harsh, but it's true!

If you like my hair then that's great.
If you hate it, then that's fine too.

Dungarees, Stripes, Hoops, Fishnet and Short Hair, over 40 | Fake Fabulous

Dungarees can also be intimidating and they can have a reputation for being unflattering, especially when you see them on the hanger.
Dungarees don't have much hanger-appeal and they're not even remotely sexy.
Right?
Hmmm...

In my experience, nothing could be further from the truth!

My husband thinks my dungarees are sexy.
(Something to do with being tight at the rear and open at the sides, I'm guessing!)
More importantly, I think my dungarees are sexy.

Even when they're styled, as I did here, with gutties (trainers/sneakers/plimsoles) and a polo neck.
I feel playful and cute!

{I'm wearing them again today, as I type this, with thick socks and a jumper... and I still feel great!}

Dungarees are undeniably comfortable and (for me) they're easy to style and totally practical for everyday life!

Of course, we can't all like the same things, can we?
Thank goodness for that!
Imagine how boring the world would be if we always agreed with each other and never felt challenged or uncomfortable.

Vive la difference!

Do you own a pair of dungarees?
Or, are they not for you?

I'd love to hear your opinion!


BLUE DUNGAREES: Old... try these!
STRIPED TOP: Old... try this one.
SHOES: Guess (old)... I love these trainers!
SOCKS: ASOS...  try these if you prefer to have feet.
LEATHER BAG: Older than time!!.... Try this one.
LIPSTICK: Mac-Lady Danger

Dungarees, Stripes, Hoops, Fishnet and Short Hair, over 40 | Fake Fabulous


TRY THE LOOK


SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig