For the imperfect Fashion lover.

The FAB 40's | Red and Pink & My Ugly Shoes.

The Fab 40's

Today is an exciting day for me!
I am honoured to be included in a group of international bloggers, called The fab 40's.

The purpose of the group is to show how different women interpret a specific 'theme' or style.
{There is a different theme every month}

This diverse group of fabulous women, highlight the joy of individuality.
Each lady is completely different from the next but they all prove how stylish 'real' older women can be.
40+ does not have to mean dowdy, frumpy, boring or forgettable.
I am thrilled to bits to have been invited along!

Fake Fabulous | Fab 40's: Red & Pink, Ugly shoes.

Red and Pink

This month the theme was wearing Red & Pink together.
I don't mind admitting that I was very pleased!
Pink and red (especially red) are colours that I love to wear, and I often reach for these bright hues in the depths of Winter.
Red certainly adds some light relief to a miserable day.

{If you look carefully, you can see the rain in my photographs}
Fake Fabulous | Fab 40's: Red & Pink, Ugly shoes.

Today's Pink and Red outfit came together with ease.

I chose to wear my tight pink dress again, which I wore in the post "How to be Braver".
It is double layered jersey and is meant to be worn either knee length and smoothed out, or ruched.

These ruched dresses are supposed to be super-flattering ...hmmmm.
I have to say that I find that they highlight lumps and bumps.
They even create lumps that I didn't know existed.
My 42 year old mother's midriff does not need any help in the lumps department!
For me, this dress was an expensive mistake.

So, to tackle this lumpy problem (and to stop this dress ending up in the donation bag) I always wear something over it.
I decided to wear a red shirt dress over the top today, keeping with the red and pink theme.

A chunky necklace added interest but also had the job of distracting the eye.
My red/orange coat seemed the obvious cover-up choice.

Fake Fabulous | Fab 40's: Red & Pink, Ugly shoes.
Fake Fabulous | Fab 40's: Red & Pink, Ugly shoes.


Let's talk about Ugly Shoes. 

Okay, let's talk about a favourite topic of mine...Shoes.

I have many pairs of shoes and boots.
They give me a lot of pleasure.
Some are practical, some a just beautiful and some are classic BUT, sometimes I just give in to an "ugly" shoe.
I can't help it!
Something draws me to the awkwardness of certain shoe styles.
Maybe it's the fabric? The colour? The cut? The geeky vibe?
Whatever it is, I just can't resist.

Classic pumps (or even an ankle boot) would have been more grown-up, and elegant, with this outfit.
I know that.
BUT, these wedge-heeled wallabees were calling my name!

They are cool, quirky and fun.
They may not be to everyone's' taste but I can't help it... I look down and I smile.

Fake Fabulous | Fab 40's: Red & Pink, Ugly shoes.

As soon as I popped them on, It felt right.
I looked at my golf-club-esque limbs and could not help but laugh.
Ugly shoes can be beautiful.

{Oh, and did I mention they are supremely comfortable AND I got them at a bargain-tastic 80% off!?}

I love that feeling.

Fake Fabulous | Fab 40's: Red & Pink, Ugly shoes.

Coat: Hearts and Hands (urban outfitters)...similar.
Dress: Baukjen
Shirt Dress: Yong Kim (from ebay)...similar.
Tights: Levante
Shoes: Clarks Originals
Bag: Primark
Necklace: Boden

Please share any Ugly shoes that you love....tweet me a picture!

Let me introduce...

Now it is time to introduce my fellow bloggers and their fabulous Pink and Red outfits.

Sheela from Sheela writes.

Sheela lives in Houston. She is an amazing writer as well as a fiercely stylish blogger.
Her accessorising is incredible (when you have a browse at her blog please check out some of her rings) and her shoe collection is eye-wateringly cool!
These red shoes are a personal favourite of mine.

Fake Fabulous | Fab 40's: Sheela Goh
Jacket: Vintage Ungaro
Turtleneck: Forever21
Capris: Herban Devi
Wristlet: Rebecca Minkoff
Shoes: JustFAB
Lipstick:Veronica by Anastasia Beverly Hills


Dawn is from California and she is someone who's wardrobe I would LOVE to have a rummage through!
Some of her pieces make me go a little crazy.
{Vintage Prada shoes, for example}
Her take on this theme is so cool.
Feminine, yet edgy.
She mixes vintage, designer and highstreet with effortless ease.

Fake Fabulous | Fab 40's: Dawn Lucy
Coat: vintage
Skirt and Bag: Boohoo
Jumper: Shein
Shoes: Vintage Prada


Mary from Curlybyrdie Chirps

Mary is a blogger from the Midwest who aims to be fashionable and fabulous, without spending a fortune. 
A woman after my own heart!
Her take on the theme is classy but uber-sexy.
She oozes femininity.
And, that clutch? I love it!

Fake Fabulous | Fab 40's: Mary
Skirt: Bisou Bisou
Coat: Worthington 
Boots: Nina
Clutch: Sam and Libby


Ann from Krembe de la Krembe

Ann is someone who I consider to be my blogging best friend.
She lives in Hong Kong and is a seasoned fashionista.
She has been blogging forever!
Her style is BOLD and I love her attitude.
Her pinks and reds are punchy and vibrant.
But, she grounds it all with the perfect shoe AND, that background?
Wow!
Fake Fabulous | Fab 40's: Ann Krembs
Glasses, Dress and Trousers: Forever 21
Blazer and Clutch: H&M
Earrings and Shoes: Kate Spade

Conny from Conny doll lifestyle.

A fellow pixie, from Germany.
How cool and casual is this take on the theme?
I love the effortless feel of this look, with that bold lip.
I would happily steal this entire outfit and wear it tomorrow!

Fake Fabulous | Fab 40's: Conny
Blouse and Cardigan: Dorothee Schumacher
Trousers: Minimum
Shoes: Nike Air
Bag: DIY

Jennie from A pocketful of polka dots.

Jennie is a lover of colour, but that was not always the case!
She made a conscious effort to ditch the black and embrace the fact that she looks great in bright colours.
Her mantra of "Go fabulous or Go home" really makes me smile.
Her take on the red and pink theme has a slightly masculine feel, which I love.

Fake Fabulous | Fab 40's: Jennie
Jacket: Shein
Top: NY&Co.
Trousers: Worthington
Pumps: Y-Not?
Necklace: Charming Charlie
Bag: Kate Spade  

Diane from Fashion on the fourth floor.

Dianne is a natural athlete who loves to add a tomboy twist to her looks.
She is all for having fun with fashion!
I love the softer colour palette of her outfit and the fuss-free lines.
This jumpsuit is right up my style street...and those shoes?!
Hello!

Fake Fabulous | The Fab40's: Diane
Turtleneck:  Uniqlo
Jumpsuit:  River Island
Heels:  Hinge
Ring:  Forever 21
Bracelets:  Forever 21, Charming Charlie, H&M


I hope you enjoyed this post.
Please check out the other blogger's blogs (if you don't know them already) for more inspiration.
Stay tuned at the end of March for more fab40's fun!


P.S If you like this Red and Pink post, why not take a look at these...

If in doubt, wear red!
Styling eveningwear during the day.
Layering Reds and Pinks.
Wearing OTK boots.

Inspired? Join in the RED and Pink fun!


SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig