For the imperfect Fashion lover.

Styling Culottes in Winter | Khaki, Oxblood and Sage.

Fake Fabulous | Khaki culottes, sage and oxblood.

To say I have struggled with culottes would be an understatement!
I really want to enjoy wearing them, as I love the look of culottes on other people.
They can look so edgy and chic.

I have tried to style my culottes in different ways, with varying degrees of success:
I just can't seem to get on with them.
Culottes are so difficult to wear!

I really admire the way that some people wear culottes with such effortless style.
Throwing them on as easily as jeans.
Oh, how envious am I?
Very!

I decided that the only way to save my culottes from the charity-donation bag was to wear them with my favourite boots.
These boots always make me happy.
If they can't make me feel good in culottes, then there is no hope!

You might be wondering why I am bothering at all?
It is not like I spent a fortune on these culottes and really need to make them work.
I could easily put them into the donation pile without a twinge of guilt.

The truth is, I don't like giving up!
Whether it is a serious crisis (in the real world) or a minor hiccup in my wardrobe.
I am a fighter.
My fight with culottes may be trivial, in the grand scheme of things, but I still refuse to be beaten.
So, with my pig-headed determination, I took these culottes out for a Winter spin!

I decided to pair the offending culottes with a pretty vintage silk shirt and my fluffy sage sweatshirt.
A simple leather bag and my silver sixpence, finished things off nicely.

Fake Fabulous | Khaki culottes, sage and oxblood.

Are there any types of clothing that you just can't get on with?
Do you keep trying or just move on to something else?


Please let me know in the comments, I would love to hear about your your "No Way!" styles!

Culottes: Matalan (these are nice)
Shirt: Vintage (this one is lovely)
Jumper: Topshop (similar)
Boots: Old (these are cool)
Bag: Charity shop find (this one is similar)
Necklace: Vintage (I like this one)

Fake Fabulous | Vintage blouse, sage and oxblood.

Shop the look:



SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig