For the imperfect Fashion lover.

Spring Trends for Real Life | Casual Metallics & Multi Colours.

Fake fabulous | Casual daywear. Metallics & multi colours

I love the "New season" magazine supplements, and really enjoy flicking through the latest designer offerings.

The Vogue supplement was making me swoon over the stunning clothes, at eye-watering prices.
£5000 for a dress? Yikes!

If, like me, you do not have a spare £10,000+ to re-stock your spring wardrobe, don't despair!
It is time to get inventive.
Just because I can't afford the designer pieces does not mean that I should not enjoy experimenting with the new trends.
Sometimes we can even re-create the latest looks from items we already have in our wardrobes.
Or, with the addition of a few well chosen pieces.
{Brands such a ASOS and Topshop tend to have their own versions in the shops quite quickly}

Celebrating Individuality

This SS16 season, the fashion houses were all about celebrating individuality and uniqueness.
I am all for that!
Using our clothes, and the way we dress, to reflect our personality or mood.
Today a woman at work asked me...
"So, what are the new trends for my age then, Sam?"
For my age??
I had to tell her off for that!
Modern clothing is meant to be fun, regardless of age.
Trends are for everyone.
We just have to dress to suit our body shape (and the occasion).
Age has nothing to do with it.
Mood and personality is everything!

Fake fabulous | Casual daywear. Metallics & Rainbow colours

Nod to the trends

Unless you are a model (and even then) head to toe trends can look a little silly in real life!
Those amazing, structured and enormous sleeves are totally impractical when making the dinner or doing the washing up.
But, we can easily give a subtle "nod" to what is in style, without looking (or feeling) like we are dressing up.

Today, I wanted to give that subtle nod to two trends that caught my eye.
Modern Alchemy: aka, metallics (or more specifically silver) and the Rainbow (multi) colours trends.
Both are easy to translate into real life.

Fake fabulous | Casual daywear.  Multi colours

Multi (rainbow) Colours

Rainbow colours (or my version, at least!) were easy to incorporate into a casual daytime look.
A floral blouse (last seen here, in summer) a multicoloured belt and designer-inspired necklace.
This is my cheap and cheerful version...

Fake fabulous | Casual daywear. Metallics & Multi colours

And this is the Marie-Helene De Tallac version, at £14,000....yep, you read that right!

Of course the designer version is far more beautiful than mine BUT 14,000 worth of beautiful??
Maybe not.

A bright green, cashmere, cardigan provided more colour and that all important warmth.

Skinny jeans are supposed to be on their way out (although I am not ready to give them up yet) so I gave my girlfriend-fit pair a spin.

My trusty silver and white metallic brogues were the perfect choice for a touch of the metallic, without being too shiny.
Comfortable and on trend.
What more could you want from a shoe?

Pop socks!?!


I have to admit to a couple of "cheats" in order to wear this outfit on such a cold day.
None of them are very glamourous or typically blogger-esque!

You will not be surprised to hear that I am wearing a long sleeved thermal top and matching leggings. (this top and these leggings)

I am also wearing sheepskin shoe liners.
They are soooooo cosy and well worth a try if you suffer from cold feet.
However, my biggest confession is that I am wearing...{gulp}.....pop socks!
Honestly.

Okay, Pop socks are certainly NOT classy or sexy.
I know they are not in any way chic.
BUT, if you avoid the cheap and nasty multipacks (they never, ever look good), they can look just like skin. (Try these).
No one would know.
They gave me just enough warmth to enable me to bare an ankle, with the added bonus of taking the edge off my blue (and slightly veiny) skin.

Spring is on it's way!

Fake fabulous | Casual daywear. Metallic brogues.
Do you have any secret "cheats' that allow you to wear what you want?
Do you ever wear uncool items...like pop socks!?
Please share in the comments....if you dare!
Or, if you prefer...message me on FacebookInstagram or Twitter.
I love hearing from you!


Jeans: GAP
Shoes: Aldo (these monks are cool)
Cardigan: Boden 
Watch: Swatch (this one is fun)
Blouse: Asda (this one is pretty)
Necklace: Asda (this one is lovely, this one is fun!)
Belt: Boden (similar)
Pop socks!: Wolford




Shop this look:




SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig