For the imperfect Fashion lover.

What I Wore to an Informal Ceilidh | Vinyl leggings and Chiffon.

Fake Fabulous | Vinyl leggings, fur and chiffon.

If I was a gambler, I would wager that when you read the word Ceilidh in this title, you thought there would be some tartan in this outfit?
Maybe a Sash or tights?
At least something with a tartan touch.

I am sorry if I have disappointed you with the lack of tartan in this look.
But, this outfit was all about the dancing.
I will explain...

Ceilidh's are enormous fun!


A ceilidh can be either formal, or informal.

The formal events involve men in kilts and ladies in gowns.
Cocktail dresses are popular, but I love the look of a long dress (the twirlier the better) flowing around the dance floor.
When the whole room is alive with energetic dancing, it is a fantastic spectacle.

Informal Ceilidh's have a dress code of "anything goes", and this is my kind of event.
You can literally wear anything you want, from jeans to that long dress.
There are no restrictions.
Men can still wear their kilts, and often do!

Comfort is key


Comfort is the most important thing to take into consideration when dressing for a ceilidh.

{Unless, of course, you intend to sit on the sidelines and miss all of the fun!}

I would not recommend wearing anything that requires to be taken off in order to dance.
Uncomfortable shoes should be left at home, no matter how pretty they are.
The dancing is fast, furious and vigorous.
Bare toes are not an option...unless you want some serious bruises!

It was all for charity


This informal ceilidh was arranged in aid of Alzheimer's Scotland.
A charity close to my family's heart.
Suffice to say, I was more than happy to part with my cash for this good cause.

Fake Fabulous | Vinyl leggings and chiffon.

This look might not be the first thing that springs to many people's minds for a night of dancing but, for me, it was perfect!

A loose and free flowing tunic shirt, perfect for twirling without interfering with other dancers.
Vinyl leggings, supremely comfortable, not too hot and just that little bit more funky than a skinny jean.

My footwear was a straightforward choice too.
I wanted to tear around the dance floor, feeling free and focusing on fun...not on how my feet were feeling!

I am not a fan of spending too long getting ready.
If I faff about with my hair (or makeup) for too long, I end up looking a mess.
So, it took about 5 minutes to muss up my hair (short hair is a doddle) and pop on some eyeliner.
Easy!

Fake Fabulous | Vinyl leggings and chiffon.

Fake Fabulous | Vinyl leggings and chiffon.

I am pleased to say that the night was a huge success (raising loads of money) and so much fun to be part of!

As I looked at the photos of this outfit, I realised that I often choose black clothes for evenings out.

{See this outfit I wore for my Christmas night out, or this one, that I (almost) wore for a wedding}

This struck me as strange for someone who loves colour in the daytime.
It got me thinking about style moods and how we should dress to suit how we feel.

I almost always reach for dark tones at night.
Vibrant colour can be lost at night, becoming "muddy".
Shine, texture and unusual fabrication is much more important to me for an evening look.

What about you....
Do you like to wear colour in the evening?
Or are you like me, and often reach for those black outfits?

Please share your thoughts in the comments.
Or, if you prefer...message me on FacebookInstagram or Twitter.
I love hearing from you!

Fake Fabulous | Vinyl leggings and chiffon.

Leggings: Pamela Mann (similar)
Blouse: TkMaxx (similar that comes in black and white)
Necklace: Urban outfitters (similar)
Shoes: Guess (similar....in fact, these are gorgeous!)
Bag: Linea (similar)
Coat: Limited collection at Marks and Spencers (similar)

Shop this look:



SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig