For the imperfect Fashion lover.

How to wear a Slip Dress in Winter * Layered Coats

Moody Blue Winter Outfit | Silver Slip Dress and Layered Coats

I'm in a Blue colour mood today.
Wintery with a touch of metallic.

Like a (sub)urban Icequeen 👸.
{An Urban Icequeen would have been much cooler I'm sure!}

I'm styling my summer slipdress again today with some winterly layers and a double jacket situation.
Cosy.

Moody Blue Winter Outfit | Silver Slip Dress and Layered Coats

Wool tights + 
Over the knee boots + 
Cosy thermal under-layers + 
Two Wool Coats = 
Roasty Toasty!

Moody Blue Winter Outfit | Silver Slip Dress and Layered Coats

The 'secret' to wearing your slip dress in winter is not to think of it as a dress but to think of it as just another layer of your outfit.
What I mean by that is that don't think it's going to keep you warm!

Under this dress, I'm wearing a thermal base layer and woollen tights with long legwarmers and over the knee boots.
Then a polo neck top and a long waist slip.
Then comes my slip dress.

On top of the dress, I'm wearing a tweed blazer and a wool coat plus a hat and gloves.

It was a milder winter day, here in Scotland.
If it had been any colder this outfit would have been a no-go... far too chilly despite the multiple layers!

WOOL COAT: Vintage
TWEED BLAZER: Boden (old)
BAG: A gift
SLIP DRESS: Zara (charity shopped)
LEATHER BOOTS: Vintage
NECKLACE: Tatty Devine (a gift)
WOOL BERT: Charity shopped

What colour mood are you in today?
Black?
Multicolours?
Festive sparkles?
I'd love to know!

SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig