For the imperfect Fashion lover.

You Can't go Wrong with a Classic Red Dress!

Red fit and flare Olivia dress, pink belt, embroidered mules | Fake Fabulous

I'm wearing a red dress and it's making me very happy.

Red is my favourite colour and this particular red dress has all of the swish a great dress should!

Red is a powerful colour that instils confidence (in the wearer and people surrounding them).
Red means business.

So today, nothing can stop me!

Red fit and flare Olivia dress, pink belt, embroidered mules | Fake Fabulous

This red dress is also distracting from the fact my hair is in desperate need of some skilled scissors.
I feel like I'm wearing a hairy crash helmet.
My light blonde (which is now going grey) section is HUGE and the chemically highlighted bits are heading down the road to brass-ville.
Yellow hair isn't a great look... unless it's deliberate!

I'm off to the hairdresser on Saturday and can't wait.
It's been 10 weeks which is an AGE for anyone with a pixie cut.
I'll be half a stone lighter when I come out!

{I do use thinning scissors and clippers on my hair between cuts but I wouldn't recommend... unless you're willing to make mistakes!
I've been doing it for years and have made many.}

When I feel a bit untidy in the hair department (or tired in the face department) bright clothes never fail to cheer me up!

Red fit and flare Olivia dress, pink belt, embroidered mules | Fake Fabulous

I spent the day in this dress but I was wearing my white frilly gutties, not these mules (see the gutties in action HERE).
I changed in the late afternoon to go for an early dinner and a few drinks.
The dress eases into a casual evening look with zero effort.
Simply changing my bag and shoes was all I needed.
{A hat would have been nice too!! 😜}

Red fit and flare Olivia dress, pink belt, embroidered mules | Fake Fabulous

A dress like this suits just about every age, shape and size, although the hemline might need a tailor if you're shorter than me (I'm 5 feet 6).
I'm just getting away with the midi-length.

Midi hemlines can too easily slip into an old-fashioned or frumpy look.
If in doubt, go just below the knee.

A red dress needs next to no embellishment.
I added a belt, but there was no real need, I just wanted a little bit of pink!
Mules and a clutch finished the outfit off simply.

DRESS: c/o Alie Street... it's discounted just now!
BAG: Linea... older than time! Try this one.
SHOES: M&S... last year's... try these.
BELT: Boden Kids department... old. Try this one... it's from the gent's section but there's no rule for that!
EARRINGS: Charity shopped. Try these.

Some previous Red posts you might enjoy...


SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig