For the imperfect Fashion lover.

Current Trends... to Regret Later! | Ruffle Collars | LINK UP

Vintage Victorian Ruffle Blouse, Clogs & Skinny Jeans | Fake Fabulous

There are always going to be those certain 'trends' that we happily follow (and even love) but, sure as fate, we are doomed to look back on and say...
"What on earth we're we thinking?"
Puffy sleeves and ruffled collars are definitely going to be one of those regretful moments.
I can almost feel the future cringe... Oh, my!

Vintage Victorian Ruffle Blouse, Clogs & Skinny Jeans | Fake Fabulous

It doesn't matter how cool and trendy (or innately chic) you are, anything with ruffles is SO tricky to style and can instantly look a little bit matronly or like a costume from Little House on the Prairie...

(Especially if you're adding a decent-sized bust to the equation.)

Ruffle collars are going to be one of those trends that will cause the 20-years-later comment...
"Hahahaha, check this out!
What was Mum/Granny/Auntie wearing here?
Was that really in fashion?"
{Roll around the floor laughing}

Think a re-run of those dodgy 80's perms, legwarmers and shellsuits...
Oh Yes indeed.
We thought we were SO cool, and we were!

Vintage Victorian Ruffle Blouse, Clogs & Skinny Jeans | Fake Fabulous

Today's look is all about a fabulous Victorian-inspired blouse that is the BEST quality ever.
Stiff and crispy, with loads of great details.

Of course, it's vintage and yes... it was on the £1 rail, like many of my best clothes!

I have been looking around for a ruffle collar to try but the thought of spending £40+ on something I might not really like was just too much.
Plus, with a design like this, if the quality is not there the whole look is ruined, and to find real quality nowadays you need to spend some decent cash.
Something I try to avoid!

Vintage Victorian Ruffle Blouse, Clogs & Skinny Jeans | Fake Fabulous

Now, "Pulling off" a style like this (ye gawds, I hate that phrase!) is made so much easier by simply wearing your favourite jeans.
Jeans make everything ok in my book.

{See my tea blouse and jeans HERE}

Oh, and my outfit was lifted into an even happier place by my new sandal/clog/shoes that I am a little bit in love with!

Anyone who is looking for a more affordable (i.e. less of a rip off) version of Swedish Hasbeens should check out this brand... cute AND comfortable!

(They did not send me these shoes, I bought them with my own money... but if you're listening, Lotta of Sweden... I'm a size 37?! 😛)

Vintage Victorian Ruffle Blouse, Clogs & Skinny Jeans | Fake Fabulous

Do you agree?
If not, what trends do you think we're going to be laughing at in 20 years?
I'd love to hear your opinion on this!

SHOES: Lotta
JEANS: Jamie @ Topshop (my favourites!)
BLOUSE: Vintage... try this toned down version.. or this OTT version!
BAG & NECKLACE: Vintage (Both different in the first picture, the bag turned out to be too small and the belt was riding up!)
BELT: Leibskind

Last week Debbie stole my heart with her story and her love of all things pink and a bit girly.
She really suits this feminine look... with ruffles too!
Read her full post HERE




SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig