For the imperfect Fashion lover.

What Happens When your Child Dresses You... for Real!

Artisan necklace | Coral, Silver and Turquoise | Fake Fabulous

What on earth is this post all about then?
Is it one of those silly "My 5 year old does my makeup" posts that are all over the internet?
Posts that are good for a laugh, and not much else.

I must admit that a title like...

" What happens when your child dresses you... for Real!"

Conjures up images of clown-like attire, and probably involves a tutu and a pair of wellies...

What is it about wee ones and tutu/shorts + welly outfits?
Are/were anyone else's kiddies into that look, or was that just my children?

Anyway, I digress...
This post sounds like a bit of fun BUT, I must tell you that I really did wear this outfit to a night out with a bunch of girlfriends.

This was a genuine outfit, and not pre-planned for a laugh at all.

Navy, orange, green and red | Artisan Evening Outfit | Fake Fabulous

The truth behind this outfit...

I had to go out after work (on a Friday night) and be ready within half an hour.
Going out straight from work can be challenging at the best of times (see HERE) but this day was particularly hard going as I had to go home first.
This shaved a precious 30 minutes off my 'getting ready' time.
My head was pounding, I desperately needed a shower (I work in a hospital so that 'medical' smell can sometimes cling.)
I had 30 minutes to do EVERYTHING...without a slither in inspiration, or energy.
Groan!

My husband suggested looking at my previous blog posts, and getting inspiration from there.
Clever, but far too time consuming.

{You can check them out HERE if you fancy a nosey}

Then my middle girl pipes up...

"I'll pick something for you Mum!"

To be honest, I didn't have the energy to argue so said "okay" and hopped in the shower.

To my genuine surprise (and delight) this outfit was laid out on my bed (including undies and accessories) and I LOVED it!

What a clever girl!

She even talked me through her ideas....

"Right Mum....This outfit is loose and comfortable for your night out.
Crinkly culottes are cool, and baggy, and this pretty top is good for sitting at dinner...and eating too much!
Navy and orange go nicely together, and orange is your favourite colour.
Or, one of them.
The wee shrug is in case the restaurant is a bit chilly... I know you hate being cold, and it goes well with the necklace dad bought you.
I thought you'd want to wear your favourite shoes, and best scarf.
Oh... and granny would love it if you were using her clutch bag!"

{We then talked about what kind of parties granny's clutch bag had been to and decided it could probably tell a great story, or two!}

Orange and Navy | Vintage Satin Clutch | Fake Fabulous

All-in-all a perfect outfit.
I was well impressed.

Navy, orange, green and red | Artisan Evening Outfit | Fake Fabulous

As the original night was such a rush, I have recreated the look for you to see here (The only difference is my toenails were blue, not yellow)

What do you think of her styling efforts?
Did she do a good job?
Would you change anything?
Please let me know in the comments, and I'll pass on your feedback.

Getting your kids to dress you might not be such a joke after all!

Red Embroidered Mules | Fake Fabulous

TOP: Asda... I like the pom poms on this one.
CULOTTES: Matalan... these are cool.
SHRUG: Warehouse
SHOES: M&S
BAG: Vintage... similar.
NECKLACE: A gift (handmade)... this is beautiful.
SCARF: Vintage... similar

GET THE LOOK




SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig